Worst City players you remember

Mangala = doggo

Corradi = cringeworthy and embarrassing in equal measure

Wayne Bridge = fuckin man up

Steve Daley = lets just be kind and call it stage fright....
or lets not and except he was allergic to football

I'm probably going to get pelters for this, but here goes. I think it's disrespectful to slate former players just because of their ability, they're humans after all who may read these pages. Fair enough if it's someone who disrespected the club either whilst here or afterwards then it's fair game but it doesn't feel right to call out players that were once a part of the club we love just because they weren't good. After all we were absolutely shite as a club for many many years, so the level of player available was relative. Slating players during moments of emotion e.g. after a bad game is one thing but having a whole thread listing our worst players seems bad taste

But I guess it's a free world and a free forum so each to their own :-)
While I get where you're coming from, I think some players are fair game tbh. Players who've come through from the youth team and are just not up to it, I'd certainly take it easy on. Some haven't been great, but they almost always gave their all.

Players who came in for any kind of fee, on decent wages, are due all criticism if they aren't putting effort in.

If they are fairly senior pros and setting a bad example to said limited ability young players, well, I think "fuck off Creaney you shite bastard" is pretty fair.

The choice is huge but top of my list Cristian Neguaie, followed by Bobby Shinton. I'd also like to vote for my dad who is long gone and add Mike Wash for him.

Probably think of at least a dozen, but wouldn't name them, they all tried, but ultimately were not good enough. Who knows they , their family or friends might be reading this so i wouldn't want to embarrass.

I call bullshit in the case of Derek Kevan (at least learn to spell his name correctly) and Cliff Sear.

Kevan played 76 matches for City over two seasons and scored 56 goals. If that is a shit record you are consigning a hell of a lot of players to the dustbin of history. Kevan came to City towards the end of career to replace Alex Harley. He did a good job for City but was moved on when City had the option to sign someone better.

Sear played ten seasons for City at a bad time in our history playing 279 matches. He was a stalwart defender with a great sliding tackle.

I am sorry but you are sprouting absolute bollox. You probably have barely seen either of the above many times apart from maybe a few matches at the end of their career.

This sort of thread always produces a large number of comments which probably says more about the poster than the players concerned.

My 1st game was in 57 at the age of 4 so by the time I was old enough to make a decision whether a player was shit, would at a guess be the latter stages of Cliff Sears career. After leaving City (looking this one up) he moved to Chester where he played for 1 year. So if my memory serves me right he seemed to me past it and shit. 8-)

As for spelling Derek Kevan name wrong, I think I deserve a medal for remembering him at all after all these years without giving him a 2nd thought.

This thread is like reading a horror story. Our terrible recruitment was made even worse by the needless sales of some excellent young players. Mackenzie, Barnes, Owen and Hinchcliffe were four departures that cut me to the bone. Warhurst, Barrett and Palmer were gift wrapped to Oldham. David Phillips was swapped for the useless Perry Suckling and then went on to win the FA Cup alongside ex-blue Dave Bennett. The contrast in the way the club is run nowadays is unbelievable.

The fist player that left that upset me was when we sold Waggy to Wolves

My 1st game was in 57 at the age of 4 so by the time I was old enough to make a decision whether a player was shit, would at a guess be the latter stages of Cliff Sears career. After leaving City (looking this one up) he moved to Chester where he played for 1 year. So if my memory serves me right he seemed to me past it and shit. 8-)

As for spelling Derek Kevan name wrong, I think I deserve a medal for remembering him at all after all these years without giving him a 2nd thought.
You obviously forgot Kevan’s 56 goals in just over one and a half seasons!

I suppose it was understandable as you must have been at least 12 when both players departed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.