Worst City players you remember

Gary Mason was too lightweight to make it at the level we were playing at the time. David Morley was another player at that time didn't last too long (scored on his debut vs Bury)

Exactly that
His twin brother was on the books at the same time
Another young lad, midfielder Gary Mason, also did ok for a few games early in the season and like Fenton was given a longer contract than he had probably earned
I remember being excited about Mason & then he disappeared. Happened a lot to players back then

Teenage centre half
He was in the team at my last game at Maine Rd v Notts County in the league cup I think, we won 7-1 or 7-0, I was pretty impressed with him and thought he'd go on to be a decent player!
Incidentally it was my 5yr olds 1st and only visit and she remembers it, my 9yr old was blooded against Lincoln at home... how times have changed!

Paul Beesley (one of Frank Clarke's lot) and Craig Russell was a shit swap.
Craig Russell has a place in our history as the man who scored at York away. Dont recall him doing much else, signed as a forward and seemed to play mostly as a wingback and part of our super sized squad when Royle took over, along with Beesley. Our scouting system has certainly improved since those days.

Barney Daniels, he was a Rag youth reject but we snapped him up , i think he only played about a dozen games and was a striker ,he couldnt trap a bag of cement could probably name a few other players but Barney was at another level for being shite. He started at Ashton Utd and his professional career lasted just a few years and he ended up back at Ashton.

Seaman came after, probably on the feel good hype of schmeical. We did get James after seaman though, who was pretty good
I remember being disappointed when we got James and was half expecting him to be another Seaman after his "Calamity James" days. However I thought he was superb...apart from his cameo up front!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.