Worst Goalkeeper

No way was David James a poor keeper.He saved us from relegation in 2003_2004 season.If Seaman had stayed fit we might have gone down that season.David Seaman was past his sell buy date when he came to City.

Wasn't the worst ever, by a long way, but David James could be quite shite at times.

I remember him slicing an attempted clearance out for a corner, which the other team then scored off, and he just stood there laughing to himself. One game I think virtually every goal kick went out for a throw in too.

I think the dippers called him Calamity James when he was there.

Ronnie Healey was shite, but then again, so was Joe Corrigan initially. Then something clicked with Big Joe and he was fantastic for us for many a year. Luckily, even though we've had our fair share of poor to average keepers in the last 60 years, overall, we've had some absolute belters imho. Joe Hart at his best was superb.

Don't know if this has been said already but Margetson got substituted on his league debut at half time. He was that bad.
Margetson's League debut was a few years before that at the Swamp in the 1-0 defeat when the Family Guy was credited with the goal despite not even touching the ball (it was a Hendry own goal)

Crazy to think he is England's goal keeping coach....

Whatever happened to Gunner Neillson or however you spell his name? Came on as a sub v Arsenal when Shay Given went off and then we brought in Fulop for the final few games.
Gunner was a question on The Chase a few months back - the question being who is the only Faroe Islander to play in the Premier League

Margetson's League debut was a few years before that at the Swamp in the 1-0 defeat when the Family Guy was credited with the goal despite not even touching the ball (it was a Hendry own goal)

Yeah, that's right. Thought it was his debut for some reason. I remember a lot of Swales Out chanting in that match, maybe after everything that had happened that season his first half performance was the straw that broke the camel's back! When he finally established himself in the team we got relegated to the third flight.

Yep. Was stood right there. It was crossed by some twat, came off the bottom of Pointon’s boot, Margetson dived over it and Hendy deflected it into the roof of the net off his midriff.

Decision Giggs goal….. Despite never touching it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.