Worst Goalkeeper

Margeretson

I remember his debut, think it was port vale away. I remember back then the only way to find out about a signing was the men pink or Granada reports .I must've not seen us sign him because when they read the team sheet's out, I didn't have a fucking Scooby who he was.

He was shit.

MCFC2393 said:
Would you class David James as the worst goalie

I have no idea why he wanted to be a striker on the final day against middlesbrough

Its like having joe hart as a striker (to be honest he can play like one with that scissors kick in training)
The sub striker on that day ( macken??) Must've thought " wow I'm fucking wank"

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Simon Tracey gets a, not so honourable, mention, from me too

I feel Tracy is rather hard done by purely on the basis he let in 5 goals.
Go on youtube and (painful I know) watch those 5 goals. He actually saves very well the initial shot on (I think) 4 of them but beaten to the rebound on each time. The defence around him let him down badly that night.
Spot on with that. And if I remember he was only on a short loan because all the other keepers were fucked ( technical term that )

Puteulanus luna said:
Margeret Margeretson

I remember his debut, think it was port vale away. I remember back then the only way to find out about a signing was the men pink or Granada reports .I must've not seen us sign him because when they read the team sheet's out, I didn't have a fucking Scooby who he was.

He was shit.

Did you not follow the youth team then...?

kippaxkid74 said:
Puteulanus luna said:
Margeret Margeretson

He was shit.

Did you not follow the youth team then...?
I was only 8 so no

I go back a long way, and believe me, the worst was Ronnie Powell, followed by John Savage and Ron Healey. If you'd put all three in goal at once, they'd still have lat half a dozen in.

Puteulanus luna said:
Margeretson

He was shit.

His debut was actually at The Swamp in 1991. Tony Coton had been sent off the week before against Derby when Quinn took over in goal and saved the penalty (and therefore suspended) and Dibble was injured.
The derby game was the one when somehow the sister in law shagger was awarded the goal without even making contact with it, when it should have been a Colin Hendry own goal.
Margetson came through the ranks of the youth team and was the keeper in the team that reached the final of the 1989 FA Youth Cup, losing to Watford 2-1 (David James was Watford's keeper)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.