Worst Goalkeeper

Keith McRae , probably already been mentioned i think he was brought in to replace Dowd / Mulhearn and compete with Big Joe , he wasnt fit to lace their boots , shite keeper and Budgie Burridge not sure but i think he still holds the record for the oldest player ever to play in the Premier league , he was about 50 !!
Kippers McRae was signed after a string of clangers by Joe Corrigan, culminating in turning his back on a free kick he'd just taken and walking back to his goal in a dream, as Ronnie Boyce volleyed it over his head to score in a 5-2 defeat against West Ham. I know I was piss wet through behind the goal trying to warn him.

McRae was signed for a big fee but injury and an improvement in Corrigan's form meant he lost his number one spot. I am amazed he was here for seven seasons I thought we sold him earlier.

He used to watch Match of the Day wearing his goalie gloves... a bit eccentric!!!

Yes mad as a hatter. There was a kid at school, Quirky, he uses to play in goal.and he was just as mad. At playtime when we played football with a tennis ball he would dive all over the concrete floor to save it, crazy.

He used to watch Match of the Day wearing his goalie gloves... a bit eccentric!!!
When he played with hibs he used to have an old motor bike.
Parked it at Waverley station with his crash helmet tied on it.
Came back one day to find that some Hearts supporter shit in his crash helmet.
He had a good habit of throwing the ball in the net against Hearts.

Kippers McRae was signed after a string of clangers by Joe Corrigan, culminating in turning his back on a free kick he'd just taken and walking back to his goal in a dream, as Ronnie Boyce volleyed it over his head to score in a 5-2 defeat against West Ham. I know I was piss wet through behind the goal trying to warn him.

McRae was signed for a big fee but injury and an improvement in Corrigan's form meant he lost his number one spot. I am amazed he was here for seven seasons I thought we sold him earlier.
Love a optimistic Blue I was there too no way were we capable of scoring twice that day

Macrae arrived three and a half years after Joe's blunder against West Ham so I'm not sure there's a link. Also, Joe was pretty good in 71-72 as when we finished 4th, just 1 point behind the winners.
I saw Macrae make his debut at Sheffyoo in 73-74, and feared the worst as we were soon 1 down, but we went on to win 2-1.

Carlo Gash
Carlo-Nash-Manchester-City.jpg
Wasn't that bad nash

John Burridge was actually a v good keeper in his day.
I lived in Croydon back in the late 70s and at times would go and watch Palace as they were just down the road. He was an integral part of the team managed by Venables who got into the old division 1 on a shoestring budget and launched el Tel’s career.
Burridge was an exceptionally brave and athletic keeper. His warm up routine consisted of doing a handstand and walking the width of the penalty area on his hands...
By the time he came to us his shoulders and pretty much everything else was fucked and yes he did have the appearance of an oap.
Very good keeper in his prime though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.