Worst Individual Performance

Worst performances:

Gerry Taggart the left footed right back at Blackburn on April 15th 1989, but it wasn't his fault he was played there, poor lad.

Ged Brannan many times. He often hid and when he touched the ball he was pigeon toed and shit.

Brian "DIY man " Gayle in the 0-6 defeat at The Baseball Ground in 1989/90. One of many shockers that day, and it was one of his last games for us. (At least Derby were good (Saunders, Goddard, McMinn and Micklewhite ran us ragged)).

Jason Van Blerk in 0-1 home defeat to Bury in 97/98, but he wasn't the only one that day. The worst collective performance ever by City, by a country mile. The worst thing about it was Bury were total shite (we couldn't even beat total shite!) and neither side managed a shot on target all match.

Sky Blue said:
Alan Kernaghan at home to QPR.....think we lost 3-0 or something. The only time in fucking years of watching that I have ever screamed abuse at one of our own. Lost the plot with the useless shitbag that day!

THIS ^^^^^^^
The last goal was unbelievable, thanks Alan.

Nicky Summerbee away at Lincoln in the league cup in 1996 - I think we lost 4-0

He had so much of the ball and did so little with it, right in front of us away fans as well - we were on the side of the pitch. I've never seen a top flight player (winger) so scared to take on a division 4 full back - utterly pathetic and unforgivable !

clp1000 said:
Nicky Summerbee away at Lincoln in the league cup in 1996 - I think we lost 4-0

He had so much of the ball and did so little with it, right in front of us away fans as well - we were on the side of the pitch. I've never seen a top flight player (winger) so scared to take on a division 4 full back - utterly pathetic and unforgivable !

Lincoln away was 4-1 though I missed Uwe's opener (bad traffic and I was just finding my seat), so it might as well have been 4-0.

Summerbee was pathetic that day, along with several others.

isab23502 said:
Martyn Margo v Everton 1993

I have to agree. I was right behind the goals in the Platt Lane end that day. The poor guy had gone completely, I hope he got over it ok.

m32blue said:
I was at the Margetson game ,which I think was last game of the season ?
Andy dibble at home to Oxford always send shivers down my spine thin we lost 3-2 Im guessing about 1996 ?

I was thinking of that second one also. Poor old Andy - he coulde be amazing but at other times he was catastrophe-prone.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 pm --<br /><br />Richard Edghill against Coventry in 2000 got some serious grief for his performance - I don't know if he deserved it.
I also remember Andy May getting booed off against Leicester in 1986 when they came back to win with two late goals which might have been something to do with him (long way away from the Kippax and I wasn't wearing me specs).

Andrei Kanchelskis in the derby at Old Trafford, if memory serves it was the 1-1 draw the year we went down under Royle, the Keane v Haaland game. Kanchelskis came on as a sub for us and, I believe, he was subbed off again as he was absolutely dire. Never played for us again. I may be completely wrong about all this however as I've slept a fair few times since that day!

isab23502 said:
m32blue said:
I was at the Margetson game ,which I think was last game of the season ?
Andy dibble at home to Oxford always send shivers down my spine thin we lost 3-2 Im guessing about 1996 ?

I was thinking of that second one also. Poor old Andy - he coulde be amazing but at other times he was catastrophe-prone.

-- Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 pm --

Richard Edghill against Coventry in 2000 got some serious grief for his performance - I don't know if he deserved it.
I also remember Andy May getting booed off against Leicester in 1986 when they came back to win with two late goals which might have been something to do with him (long way away from the Kippax and I wasn't wearing me specs).

No player of ours deserves what Edgy got (and Power) got. No one. Shameful by those who booed their every touch (Cov in 2000 and Charlton in 1984 respectively)/Edgy made a misatke that cost us a goal and his pasisng wasn't great (wasn't helped by the fact there was no right winger to pass to in front of him). Power just got idiotic stick for being around during the dcline from 1979 onwards. Both great pros and great lads. The thing was they both gave 100% unfailingly, every time they pulled on a Blue shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.