Worst Individual Performance

Matty said:
Andrei Kanchelskis in the derby at Old Trafford, if memory serves it was the 1-1 draw the year we went down under Royle, the Keane v Haaland game. Kanchelskis came on as a sub for us and, I believe, he was subbed off again as he was absolutely dire. Never played for us again. I may be completely wrong about all this however as I've slept a fair few times since that day!

Nope, just checked the history section of the site and I was spot on! Brought on to replace Tony Grant, subbed off again for Goater. Final game for City. Christ he was shite that day (and every other day when he played, albeit briefly, for us).

Matty said:
Matty said:
Andrei Kanchelskis in the derby at Old Trafford, if memory serves it was the 1-1 draw the year we went down under Royle, the Keane v Haaland game. Kanchelskis came on as a sub for us and, I believe, he was subbed off again as he was absolutely dire. Never played for us again. I may be completely wrong about all this however as I've slept a fair few times since that day!

Nope, just checked the history section of the site and I was spot on! Brought on to replace Tony Grant, subbed off again for Goater. Final game for City. Christ he was shite that day (and every other day when he played, albeit briefly, for us).

Shite and fat....think that was the game when Royle went in with 6 centre-halves!

Matty said:
Matty said:

He didn't do too bad in the 2 North East games I went to that year - he was quite lively at Boro (when Tiatto's wonder goal was disallowed) and he set up Goater for the winner at SJP with a good through ball. Wouldn't disagree with you apart from that. We couldn't buy a goal in the second half of that season. I remember after the SJP Toon win I was really hopeful - then we got beat 1-0 at home by Southampton after completely dominating.

bobbyowenquiff said:
Brian Gayle away to Derby County in 1989. This has to be seen to be believed. We lost 6-0 and he was to blame for five of the goals. I just checked this one on Youtube. It makes me wonder what all the current fuss about zonal marking is all about! We seemed to get stuffed at the Baseball Ground every year in those days.

I was there - a real horror show. He and even Stevey Redmond gave up in the last ten mins. One really slow and another not very quick centre back against two speed merchants in Goddard and Saunders, who were fed by two quick wingers in Micklewhite and McMinn. The latter had Gary Fleming for breakfast, dinner and tea.

bloody hell I was there then, what a nightmare of a game and a horrible ground to boot

Zabbasbeard said:
bobbyowenquiff said:
Brian Gayle away to Derby County in 1989. This has to be seen to be believed. We lost 6-0 and he was to blame for five of the goals. I just checked this one on Youtube. It makes me wonder what all the current fuss about zonal marking is all about! We seemed to get stuffed at the Baseball Ground every year in those days.

I was there - a real horror show. He and even Stevey Redmond gave up in the last ten mins. One really slow and another not very quick centre back against two speed merchants in Goddard and Saunders, who were fed by two quick wingers in Micklewhite and McMinn. The latter had Gary Fleming for breakfast, dinner and tea.

I was on an all-day pub crawl around Manchester on that day. We passed a TV shop just after full-time and I looked in and saw Derby 0 City 0. That's a good point I thought to myself. My head hurt even more when I saw the Sunday papers!

Ricky Holden away at Sheffield United early 90s

Barry Silkman any game

Ike Immel every game worst keeper ever

worst perm in a blue shirt - Kenny Clements

m32blue said:
I was at the Margetson game ,which I think was last game of the season ?
Andy dibble at home to Oxford always send shivers down my spine thin we lost 3-2 Im guessing about 1996 ?

Christ, the Dibble performance brings back memories that I thought I'd buried for good. Was ballboy that season (the season of Ball, Hartford, Coppell, Neal, Clark - 96/97?), for the Oxford game I was in front of the Platt Lane stand, behind the goal where Dibs let in two fucking howlers in the first half. First was a cross from near the corner flag that just drifted straight in; second was a looping header, couldn't have got a newspaper under his feet.

Am I dreaming, or did Bobby Brightwell rifle in a beaut in that match?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.