Ralph Brand
Rodney Marsh
Gerry Creaney
Rick Holden
some twat from Stockport who's name escapes me
Peter Bodack
probably 1 in 2 of the last 3 years purchases

Prestwich_Blue said:
Allison buying and playing Rodney Marsh when he (a) wasn't fit enough (b) was the wrong player and (c) disrupted a successful team on the ru-in to the title.
I was going to choose that! instead I will go for Big Mal selling Gary Owen and Peter Barnes to WBA.

Playing David Brightwell instead of Terry Phelan up against Andrei Kanchelsies at Old Trafford.

He was took apart in that game.

jacko8684 said:
PUTTING DAVID JAMES UP FRONT..............
any takers????

This, I think it was against Borough and we needed to win to get in the UEFA. Fowler missed a peno and nutjob psycho had a number 1 outfield shirt ready and waiting for James. James gave away countless, needless frees and all this happened Flood, Macken and Reyna on the subs bench. What an absolute fukkin mess. Never could understand pearce after this.

Braggster said:
Chick Counterfly said:
the last one is a bit of a joke to me, it's developing a life of it's own as a city myth, watch the second half of that game again and tell me:

a: what's happening in the ten minutes before Viera came on.

b: what happens in the twenty minutes immediately after.
Odd, isn't it? All part of the 'Vieira is a terrible signing' meme that pervades BM at the moment.

I'm not part of the Vieira is a terrible signing group. Neither do I think that we should offload him. But, in that game, he took off Adam Johnson, for Patrick Vieira, and for 10 minutes, not one player knew what to do with the ball or how to attack or even where to stand. The fact is, the Vieira substitution changed a team who were not attacking, into a team who were not attacking and didn't have any game plan to do so.

Which ever knobhead of a manager who was in charge at the time, thought that Barry Conlan could "lead the line"............dark days indeed.

Everything Alan Ball did. Ripped the spine out of the side - Coton, Curle, Flitcroft, Quinn and replaced with Immel, Symons, Clough & Creaney (I still have nightmares about this) is just one example.

Kendall for selling Ian Bishop-disgraceful. I'm just so glad that he had a lengthier spell at Maine Road in the twilight of his career.

The signing of McManaman.

In this order:-

1) Alan Ball saying "take it to the corner and play for the draw"
2) Brian Horton for playing D Brightwell and the approach he took to that 5-0 against them
3) Allison for selling Barnes and Owen
4) John Bond for selling Steve McKenzie
5) Machin for choosing anyone up front instead of goal machine Paul Moulden
6) Coppell for saying "yes" when he really meant "no"
7) Pearce for spending all the dosh on Samaras
8) Mancini not going for the win against Arsenal away when Wigan and Blackburn beat them either side of our game with them
9) Any other decision ever made by Alan Ball
10) The ones I've forgotten by Alan Ball

Kendall, pissing off back to his 'wife'
Ball ripping a team to shreds, selling Walsh and Quinn
Ball telling Lomas to keep the ball in the corner
Pretty much all of Frank Clarke
Royle dropping Kinky and inability to deal with big names ie Weah
Keegan spending the kitty on Vuoso, Macken and worst of all Fowler who treated the place as a retirement home aswell as his mate mcminimum.
Pearce spending the kitty on the rough diamond who currently can't score against Ross County.
Sven enforcing no player discipline- players laughing in the dressing room after boro put 8 past us.
Hughes- Santa Cruz, Toure, hugely expensive flops.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.