Worst Managerial Decision Ever By a City Manager

nijinskybell said:
squirtyflower said:
the winner

Agreed.

We were certs to win another title until Mal signed (and played - nothing against the signing) Rodney - cost us a certain title and Mal knows this. Saw an interview where he had a tear in his eye when he recalled this. One of his biggest regrets I guess.
wyn davies was playing out of his skin and had scored loads of goals as well as setting up frannie's, it still brings a tear to my eye too!

How far did we get into the thread before Malcolm's purchase of Steve Daley got a mention ? - especially as 84 Cap Ray Wilkins went to our rivals for less money?

It will take me all Night at work to think of something suitable to post as we are all spoilt for choice. Tomorrow we may have a " Sister" thread;

" Best Managerial decision ever by a City Manager" I think we all know which thread will get the most pages.

ifiwasarichfan said:
How far did we get into the thread before Malcolm's purchase of Steve Daley got a mention ? - especially as 84 Cap Ray Wilkins went to our rivals for less money?

It will take me all Night at work to think of something suitable to post as we are all spoilt for choice. Tomorrow we may have a " Sister" thread;

" Best Managerial decision ever by a City Manager" I think we all know which thread will get the most pages.

It was mentioned at 6.44pm.

Monkey Boy Blue said:
My first game was a a bore draw away at Chesterfield in 98 (Aged 13). My older brother lived next door to Saltergate. All I can remember from the game is the Goat missing a penalty.

That match did not take place, not at that ground anyway.

Bishop was the reason why Royle dropped Kinkladze, and at the time he did right.

Corky said:
Monkey Boy Blue said:
My first game was a a bore draw away at Chesterfield in 98 (Aged 13). My older brother lived next door to Saltergate. All I can remember from the game is the Goat missing a penalty.

Bishop was the reason why Royle dropped Kinkladze, and at the time he did right.

How did he do right when we went down and Bishop was not even 100% fit?

m27 said:
Corky said:

How did he do right when we went down and Bishop was not even 100% fit?

Thought we banged in 4 on Bish's home debut, the first time in the season we had more points than games.

Hughes - having robinho covering sylvinio against the pace of Lennon for Spurs

Royle - defiance not to play Rosler and Kinkladze in a struggling team

Reid - to keep Clive Allen on the bench, a true goalscorer, even when he was scoring form

Reid - dropping Colin Hendry and selling him to Blackburn, who was a rock in their defence in winning the Premiership

Horton - putting D.Brightwell at left back against Kanchelski's in the 5 nil. Biggest mismatch ever

Keegan - signing McManaman on a free

Clarke - signing Lee Bradbury for £3.5m

Kendall - offloading Ian Bishop

Pearce - his tactics week in week out

The best decision was John Bond bringing in Gow,McDonald and Hutchison for next to nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.