Worst Managerial Decision Ever By a City Manager

This

Signning RSC for £16mil has to top them all. Not only that but

going back for him three times

allowing himto be signed KNOWING HE WAS INJURED

Has got to be the worst decision of recent times

jacko8684 said:
PUTTING DAVID JAMES UP FRONT..............
any takers????

I wouldn't class that as worst managerial decision... as it worked. If Fowler had scored the penalty.. it would have been hailed as a success! A mad decision maybe.....

One I forgot earlier:

Hughes being so pigheaded with Moyes (*urgh*) on the Lescott signing. I really still think that Hughes wasn't that bothered about signing him until Moyes (*urgh*) dug his heels in. And what has Lescott done? Nothing except be on the injured list!

denislawsbackheel said:
selling (in no particular order)
Dave Wagstaffe
Michael Robinson
Peter Barnes
Gary Owen
Paul Walsh
Paul Moulden

buying
Ralph Brand
Rodney Marsh
Gerry Creaney
Rick Holden
some twat from Stockport who's name escapes me
Peter Bodack
probably 1 in 2 of the last 3 years purchases

some twat from Stockport who's name escapes me
==============
Stuart Lee or Bill Williams?

If signing RSC for 16 mil is the worst decision ever, you haven't been supporting City for long. Buying Samaras was far worse, as we were actually skint, and had just blown a chunk of the little we had on an expensive gamble which never payed off. At least with RSC we've got a lot of money, and if we were to sell him we'd get a bit for him as I'm sure he'll have plenty of suitors. He's also a very good stiker.

Signing Keith Macrae for a then 'world record' fee for a goalkeeper. And playing him even though we had Corrigan. Useless!

levets said:
from Stockport who's name escapes me
==============
Stuart Lee or Bill Williams?

Must be Williams. The story was that he was a part-timer at County and had a successful decorating (I think) business. He came to City and realised that his business would go down the pan because he would now be a full time footballer. It was also reported that he'd earn less money at City than he would doing his decorating, so he was returned to County.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.