Worst Managerial Decision Ever By a City Manager

Corky said:
m27 said:
How did he do right when we went down and Bishop was not even 100% fit?

Thought we banged in 4 on Bish's home debut, the first time in the season we had more points than games.

We did against Stockport, but we only signed Bish in March and Royle had decided not to play Gio long before that and there's no way an ageing, unfit Bishop should have played ahead of him anyway.

I'll never forget Bishop's frst game back which was a defeat at Bradford. Gio wasn't even on the bench and players were out of position (Whitley at full back) and when Royle walked passed the away end he just shrugged and pulled an apologetic face to us as if to say, "Sorry lads but what can I do? Not my fault" Bollocks! I'm not saying it was an easy job but Gio playing would have given us a chance.

Since I'm younger I haven't seen as much football, but Mark Hughes letting go of Richard Dunne has to be one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen. We would be in fourth place right now if he was in the back 4 during the December injury crisis.

Bobby4Mayor said:
Since I'm younger I haven't seen as much football, but Mark Hughes letting go of Richard Dunne has to be one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen. We would be in fourth place right now if he was in the back 4 during the December injury crisis.

Assuming Dunne wouldn't have got injured, red card or scored an own goal.

Joe Royle's decision to purchase Robert Taylor from Gillingham following that infamous game. KK's decision to pay £5m for Jon Macken post the Preston game. Alan Ball's decision to swap Paul Walsh for that fuckwit Gerry Creaney.

And the hits just keep on rolling.

Lately, Mancio's decision to sit back and soak up v the Rags & Arsenal!!

john bond ripped up the best youth set-up in the land so he could move in his own camp-followers. Took years to get back to where we were. Swales selling franny to derby.(i know he wasnt the manager but it was his decision).

Prestwich_Blue said:
Allison buying and playing Rodney Marsh when he (a) wasn't fit enough (b) was the wrong player and (c) disrupted a successful team on the ru-in to the title.

Absolutely spot on.
Biggest managerial gaff of my time watching City.
Almost certainly cost us the title.

Still he wasn't bad a few years earlier, with Uncle Joe !

Chick Counterfly said:
n_mcfc said:
Hughes:
1. Selling Dunne.
2. Refusing to drop Robinho away from home.
3. Not having the bottle to sub/change/swap players when it wasn't working.

Keegan:
1.Playing Fowler against WBA after Djamel Belmadi had a great game up top with Anelka and Benarbia against Fulham 4 days before. Fucked our season completely.
2. Falling out with Berkovic.
3. Replacing Schmeichel and Nash with Seaman and Ellegard.

Mancini:

1. Not incorporating Ireland into the team.

2. Bringing Vieira on against United.

the last one is a bit of a joke to me, it's developing a life of it's own as a city myth, watch the second half of that game again and tell me:

a: what's happening in the ten minutes before Viera came on.

b: what happens in the twenty minutes immediately after.
Odd, isn't it? All part of the 'Vieira is a terrible signing' meme that pervades BM at the moment.

I remember when we played Blackburn in the FA Cup quarters at Ewood Park in 2007. We're losing with time rapidly running out, and the genius Pearce brings on Samaras, and plays him on the left hand side. Now, we're losing here, not much time, and we put a tall striker on the left, starved of any kind of service. This takes the biscuit for me. Infact the way we played against Blackburn that day was probably the worst City performance I've ever seen considering the importance of the game, and the fact they were down to 10 men for most of the second half. It was disgusting to be honest.

Letting Tony Coton go to the rags for free
Swapping Paul Walsh for Gerry Creaney
Handing good money over for Benjani
Signning RSC for £16mil has to top them all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.