Worst Managerial Decision Ever By a City Manager

I'll never forgive MH for not using the subs he had left in the 4-3 old trafford derby.

We were under the cosh and instead of using his subs and breaking up their momentum he just stood there moaning to the ref who was 50 yards away and shaking his head.

The writing was on the wall from that day and I knew he deep down he was still a red and his tactics were woeful and he had to go.

Oh and Royle for the way he hounded kinky out of the club.

citykev28 said:
Skashion said:
No, first ever. I might be wrong in that but I'm fairly certain that was the season my Dad started taking me to games. I have the highlights of that game from Premiership Years 94-5. I'll have a listen and see if I can hear you.

your old man was a bit hardcore wasn't he?? taking you to an away for your 1st game. lol. after he saw how much you enjoyed it did he make you wait for millwall away for your 2nd?? i bet he'd had a row with your mam 'cos he was going to a game on a bank holiday, your mam said it's suppose to be a family day so he took you to the match and counted it.

It's only fucking Blackburn so not that hardcore. Anyway, it worked, and I've been hooked ever since. Wouldn't have it any other way. The thought of not being a blue actually depresses me.

*edit*
Couldn't hear you on the clip by the way but that's not surprising because they only show the goals so cheering probably drowned it out. There was also music playing too.

Skashion said:
citykev28 said:
your old man was a bit hardcore wasn't he?? taking you to an away for your 1st game. lol. after he saw how much you enjoyed it did he make you wait for millwall away for your 2nd?? i bet he'd had a row with your mam 'cos he was going to a game on a bank holiday, your mam said it's suppose to be a family day so he took you to the match and counted it.

It's only fucking Blackburn so not that hardcore. Anyway, it worked, and I've been hooked ever since. Wouldn't have it any other way. The thought of not being a blue actually depresses me.

*edit*
Couldn't hear you on the clip by the way but that's not surprising because they only show the goals so cheering probably drowned it out. There was also music playing too.

i know it was only blackburn but you're the first blue or any football fan for that matter who i've heard went to an away for their 1st game. fair play to you mate. anything that got anyone hooked to city is good. wish my 1st experience was as good, 1987, a 3-1 defeat to fucking shrewsbury town. why the fuck i thought that city were the team for me i'll never know. glad i decided though.

Mark Hughes playing Richards at left back vs M'Boro having an awful game and then giving a poor Bolton side the option to exploit us and defeat us by doing it again.

Mark Hughes selling Elano and only bringing in Barry and De Jong.

Mark Hughes signing Toure and overlooking Onouha who had a fantastic 2nd half of the 08/09 season.

Mark Hughes making Toure club captain.

Mark Hughes loaning out Joe Hart.

Sven Goran Eriksson for not being tough enough.

Kevin Keegan for losing the passion for the game.

citykev28 said:
i know it was only blackburn but you're the first blue or any football fan for that matter who i've heard went to an away for their 1st game. .

My first game was a a bore draw away at Chesterfield in 98 (Aged 13). My older brother lived next door to Saltergate. All I can remember from the game is the Goat missing a penalty.

My second game could also be classed as away...the playoff final! Been Hooked ever since.

As for managerial decisions, from my limited memory...

-Royle not playing Kinky
-Royle not signing any creative midfielders when we got to the prem
-Royle sorting out the problem right back position by signing Laurent Charvet.
-Royle playing Dickov over Weah

Keegan basically destroying a promising squad, getting us in debt and leaving a huge wage bill:
- Falling out with Berkovic then not replacing him.
- Signing Robbie Fowler, then playing him when he was unfit while the Goat sat on the bench
- Not properly replacing Marc Vivien Foé
- Signing Jon Macken for £5million
- Filling the squad with has-beens with ongoing injury issues (Reyna, Fowler, McManaman, Seaman, Sinclair) Resulting in a massive wage bill and a shit team.
- Telling Arni Arason he was 'too good to sit on City's bench', Then being forced to play Kevin Fucking Ellegaard a few months later, with disasterous results

- Pearce signing Samaras for £6mil when he could have got Dean Ashton for £4.5mil
- Pearce letting Joey Barton take every set piece.

- Hughes signing Roque Santa Cruciateligamentinjury.
- Hughes not even attempting to pacify Elano, or replace him after he left.

It will never be forgotten that back in our yoyo days, Alan Ball and his assorted minions once told the team to waste time against the dippers because we only needed a point to stay up. But we needed three and Niall Quinn tried to tell us as much. The rest is history.

squirtyflower said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Allison buying and playing Rodney Marsh when he (a) wasn't fit enough (b) was the wrong player and (c) disrupted a successful team on the ru-in to the title.

the winner

Agreed.

We were certs to win another title until Mal signed (and played - nothing against the signing) Rodney - cost us a certain title and Mal knows this. Saw an interview where he had a tear in his eye when he recalled this. One of his biggest regrets I guess.

squirtyflower said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Allison buying and playing Rodney Marsh when he (a) wasn't fit enough (b) was the wrong player and (c) disrupted a successful team on the ru-in to the title.

the winner

This^ and destroying the careers of 2 of our best youngsters. Simply because he didn't "find them". Namely Gary Owen and Peter Barnes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.