"Worst moment ever watching City"?!

In defence of Kevin Parker, as someone that knows him (as 8 pages of OSC emails from him will confirm) he supports City through and through like you and I. Yes, it was a comment which in hindsight will get picked up as a snappy soundbite. However, his interview on Sky (copied below) was frank, honest and pretty much spot on.

Manchester City Supporters Club spokesman Kevin Parker says Roberto Mancini's sacking is his "lowest point" in 40 years as a fan.
The Italian's departure was confirmed late on Monday evening a year to the day since he delivered City's first league title in 44 years.
The previous year had seen the club end a 35-year trophy drought with victory in the FA Cup final and, according to Parker, Mancini will be sorely missed by City fans.
He told Sky Sports News: "It's no great surprise but I'm still massively disappointed.
"May 13 should be a very special day in the memory of City fans after that Sergio Aguero goal a year ago. but this has tarnished that date.
"My phone has gone crazy with messages from members of the supporters' club and friends who are all just very, very disappointed about what has happened.
"He's been a massive success. I've been a season ticket holder for 40 years - we've waited all our lives to win trophies like the Premier League, the FA Cup and the Community Shield.
"In the late 1960s and early 70s when Joe Mercer won the Second Division, the First Division, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the European Cup Winners' Cup somebody in a higher authority decided the club needed to take a new direction.
"Joe Mercer was replaced and we had 35 barren years apart from one trophy. I'm not saying that will happen this time, but sometimes people make strange decisions.
"I do accept that as fans we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but we have a dream our team can win trophies and - with 'Bobby Manc' - we managed to achieve that.
"This is probably my lowest point as a City fan and I've seen them relegated numerous times. It's just so disappointing."
Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini is favourite to succeed Mancini, and Parker said: "The last thing we want is for another manager to come in and not be successful.
"But there's one thing for sure, and this is not just emotion talking. We as City fans will never ever forget the contribution Roberto Mancini has made to this football club."

CtidBlueMooner said:
In defence of Kevin Parker, as someone that knows him (as 8 pages of OSC emails from him will confirm) he supports City through and through like you and I. Yes, it was a comment which in hindsight will get picked up as a snappy soundbite. However, his interview on Sky (copied below) was frank, honest and pretty much spot on.

Manchester City Supporters Club spokesman Kevin Parker says Roberto Mancini's sacking is his "lowest point" in 40 years as a fan.
The Italian's departure was confirmed late on Monday evening a year to the day since he delivered City's first league title in 44 years.
The previous year had seen the club end a 35-year trophy drought with victory in the FA Cup final and, according to Parker, Mancini will be sorely missed by City fans.
He told Sky Sports News: "It's no great surprise but I'm still massively disappointed.
"May 13 should be a very special day in the memory of City fans after that Sergio Aguero goal a year ago. but this has tarnished that date.
"My phone has gone crazy with messages from members of the supporters' club and friends who are all just very, very disappointed about what has happened.
"He's been a massive success. I've been a season ticket holder for 40 years - we've waited all our lives to win trophies like the Premier League, the FA Cup and the Community Shield.
"In the late 1960s and early 70s when Joe Mercer won the Second Division, the First Division, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the European Cup Winners' Cup somebody in a higher authority decided the club needed to take a new direction.
"Joe Mercer was replaced and we had 35 barren years apart from one trophy. I'm not saying that will happen this time, but sometimes people make strange decisions.
"I do accept that as fans we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but we have a dream our team can win trophies and - with 'Bobby Manc' - we managed to achieve that.
"This is probably my lowest point as a City fan and I've seen them relegated numerous times. It's just so disappointing."
Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini is favourite to succeed Mancini, and Parker said: "The last thing we want is for another manager to come in and not be successful.
"But there's one thing for sure, and this is not just emotion talking. We as City fans will never ever forget the contribution Roberto Mancini has made to this football club."

The last sentence, Hear, Hear.

There's been a few!
2-2 home v Liverpool '96 - my first relegation (started going in '89) and couldn't stop blubbing all night.
Winning 5-2 at Stoke in '98 but still going down, had seats that day in the Stoke end but me and my dad left our seats at half time as we didn't feel safe (luckily on the way out we bumped into someone my dad knew who worked at Stoke so we watched the second half from the executive lounge - didn't know how to react as the goals went in knowing it was all in vain).
Losing 6-0 at Anfield ('95/96?), Uwe took his boots off at the end and threw them into the City fans. Only good thing was that my cousin caught one of them and next home game met Uwe in the players car park outside the Platt Lane end and he signed the boot and took us into Maine Rd before the game to have our picture taken with him on the pitch!)
Losing to Stockport County. Think the Goat was sent off that game for hand ball on the line?
Any trip to Goodison - don't think I've seen us win there!

Macclesfield as a "derby" you can't get lower than that but most of the other Liverpool when we got relegated and we were keeping the ball in the corner and the fuckwit manager not doing anything I can't remember who it was went running down the line to tell them we weren't safe

Re: "Worst moment ever watching City"?!

Losing 1-0 at Maine Road to Bury in a League Game

Lowest ever moment - the last few months under Pearce. Most sickening defeat was in league cup a few years back when those twats scored late on and played the piped music. I quite enjoyed slipping down the divisions as I knew we would bounce back. Kind of upsets me now that we might never get relegated again.

5-0 @ o/t
0-4 @ home to liverpool
10 in aweek @ liverpool
loseing to bury stockport
harts away preseason
qpr @ home a polock og to put us down!!!!!!
am 45 and been there seen it done!!!!
worst day off watching city!!!! lol
try fucking years off crap not just one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
god bless you bobby but the king is dead long live the king!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.