"Worst moment ever watching City"?!

up to Christmas of the 98-99 season i honestly thought we were doomed to stay in division 2 for quite some time....

Some have already been mentioned, so I'll go with this, can't remember the year (maybe 2003), but I remember a 3-0 defeat to Leicester at the CoMS as it was then, and it pissed it down and got soaked. Think Dickov scored a penalty. Dire.

Also, the 4-0 defeat to Wimbledon at Maine Road was bad, and I think Bolton beat us 1-0 in the last minute after we hit the woodwork about 6 times during the game.

They stick out at the minute.

I can at least see what he was trying to say, it was certainly the worst performance from near enough the whole team at the same time I have seen in over fifty years of supporting City, and I have watched some right dross, but always with the comfort that the reason it was so bad was we had a poor team or some poor players in it.

Yes there have been worst moments, but for sheer lack of any show of pride or commitment it takes the biscuit, not least because almost every position is a world class player, and it was the FA cup final.

All players have an off day, but the only exception on sat was James Milner, even Zab was below par if your honest. Nor have we any god given right to win every game, if we lose to a better side or even just get a little unlucky then so be it.

But make no mistake, that was neither, we never looked like anything but average from the start, an then went backwards as we just folded, with a team of that standard to show no fight or pride in any area is a major upset.

Re: "Worst moment ever watching City"?!

A defeat at Fulham comes to mind, 5-0 i think. Remember Leroy Rosenior assaulting our keeper who dropped the ball. Rosenior banged it in n the ref awarded the goal. Prob closest i have come to saying - you know its not worth it anymore.

Think the boat race was on n spent some time looking out at that instead thats how desperate i got

20th September 1994 League Cup Second Round First Leg: Barnet 1 City 0

Stood in an open stand behind one of the goals, Barnet scored within 30 seconds of the kick-off. An icy cold monsoon ensued for the full 90 minutes. Soaked to the skin and having the piss ripped out of me throughout by the Barnet fans I'd gone with. Adding insult to injury, I'd left the interior light on in the car which had drained the battery so had to walk six miles home in the pissing rain. CTID

Winning 5-2 at Stoke and still getting relegated is one of my first real memories of supporting City and it hurt like hell, which set me up nicely for the next few years.

I remember Middlesbrough winning 1-0 at CoMS in 2003 without having an attempt on goal in the entire match, Sun Jihai scored an own goal. Not the worst moment but that really pissed me off for some reason.

I also remember losing an FA Cup 5th round match or quarter final to West Ham at home, I think Dean Ashton scored, and being really upset.

More recently, the season of last minute United goals hurt a lot, particularly Rooney's in the league cup as that was my first, and last, trip to Old Trafford and I really thought we were going to win and go to Wembley to end the trophy drought.

tangaroa said:

Stood in an open stand behind one of the goals, Barnet scored within 30 seconds of the kick-off. An icy cold monsoon ensued for the full 90 minutes. Soaked to the skin and having the piss ripped out of me throughout by the Barnet fans I'd gone with. Adding insult to injury, I'd left the interior light on in the car which had drained the battery so had to walk six miles home in the pissing rain. CTID

Sorry mate gave me a smile, had a moment of this on Saturday when I became John Cleese and started shouting 'Thank you you bastard' whilst shaking my fist at the sky on what seemed like 6 miles to the tube station....

blue b4 the moon said:
tangaroa said:

Sorry mate gave me a smile, had a moment of this on Saturday when I became John Cleese and started shouting 'Thank you you bastard' whilst shaking my fist at the sky on what seemed like 6 miles to the tube station....
It's part of what makes us City fans ... accepting the lows as well as the highs and not taking the path of least resistance. Despite the performance at the weekend, I still love my team today as much as I did trudging home that night in '94.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.