Worst pubs you have ever frequented...

waterloo blue said:
Bigg Bigg Blue said:
Years ago after a day at he races we went to a club in Barnsley called " Japanese Whispers" and boy was that fuckin rough.
You're not wrong there mate,went over for a mates wedding and after the reception ended up in there,some lad hanging out the back of a fat bird in the toilet cubicle,turns to the lads all using the stones and says'what are you looking at',all the time still pumping away.

-- Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:55 am --

The cookie monster said:
waterloo blue said:
Tavern or Heroes?
My mistake mate it was the woodman
Fill of them in there
Still in waterloo :)
Does Joan still run it with her daughter Louise?,those tools that get in there haven't set foot in Old Trafford since the eighties,it used to be my local.
Dont know mate
Went in the junction the other night first time in years,you know just on turner lane
Was just abt to order a pint and all i could see was rag memorabilia on the walls,i had no idea,neither did the other two blues i was with
Turned back round and fucked off to the broadoak.

cockneycarparkm32 said:
The Midland was the best pub in Manchester (MVITA). The Metropolitan is shit!!

Cant fault you there , The Met is full of plebs , at least there was a good mix of people in the Midland , it had character . Used to have a right laugh in there with locals and students alike , went in last summer with friends and family and watch people poncing around at the bar with credit cards buying two drinks . My brother in law stayed in M/cr after Uni. used to go in there and he reckoned it was miles better than it is now. A dump but great fun .[/quote]

Agree about the contrast between the Midland and the Metropolitan.
The Midland was just across from my first ever flat ( on Cavendish Rd). Mind you the plod from the local drug squad were in there so often I think they had their own table!

Pezzer2 said:
Andyc84 said:
This one is the other side of the m6 but felt worthy of a mention. Think it was called the Atlantic? Just off the docks in Liverpool. Went once after work on the recommendation of an employee, sadly it co-incided with him being go by the company as anyone with judgement this poor wasn't fit to look after a dead hamster let alone a photocopier.

Bad times.

Its shut down now but before games in Liverpool we used to drink in a boozer called the Goat on the Dock Road in Liverpool. Very Dodgy

The Old Monkey in town just for the Holts beer in there.
The Kings arms in town. Some characters in there

I dont thinks its there now but a boozer opposite Showcase in Belle Vue. One of them pubs where you walk in and the whole pub goes quiet.

Bowling Green Ashton

Jolly Hatters and White House Denton

Whilst working away;

Prince of Wales Criccieth
Station bar Porthmadog
Any bar in Chard Somerset (Proper inbreds)
The 2 pubs in Porthmadog and Criccieth I know very well, myself and a handful of guys from stockport lived there in 1971. The locals in general hated us. The police pulled us up to search and generally harrass us, well it was the 70,s. The pubs themselves were great and so were the local girls . That probably in hindsite was problem.Happy days...All we knew in Welsh was come here ,come to bed ,and shut the door. and I can still say it now . hhaa..!!!

tidyman said:
Pezzer2 said:
Andyc84 said:
This one is the other side of the m6 but felt worthy of a mention. Think it was called the Atlantic? Just off the docks in Liverpool. Went once after work on the recommendation of an employee, sadly it co-incided with him being go by the company as anyone with judgement this poor wasn't fit to look after a dead hamster let alone a photocopier.

Bad times.

Its shut down now but before games in Liverpool we used to drink in a boozer called the Goat on the Dock Road in Liverpool. Very Dodgy

The Old Monkey in town just for the Holts beer in there.
The Kings arms in town. Some characters in there

I dont thinks its there now but a boozer opposite Showcase in Belle Vue. One of them pubs where you walk in and the whole pub goes quiet.

Bowling Green Ashton

Jolly Hatters and White House Denton

Whilst working away;

Prince of Wales Criccieth
Station bar Porthmadog
Any bar in Chard Somerset (Proper inbreds)

What's your beef with the Prince of Wales? Been in there loads of times and always found them most welcoming.

Landlord is a nutter. He threw some young girl down some stairs and smashed her head in, just for being drunk. Some right inbreds in there through the week, especially non holiday season. Seen many fights in there with the locals

Bigg Bigg Blue said:
Years ago after a day at he races we went to a club in Barnsley called " Japanese Whispers" and boy was that fuckin rough.

Japanese Whispers. I used to work in Sheffield in the early nineties and a gang of us went there. One of my mates got off with a girl in there. One of the locals, obviously. As he was snogging her she whispered in his ear:

thou can finger me now if thou wants

As to the roughest pub, I think it's fair to say I've been in more than most, up and down this land, and nothing compares to the pubs in East Manchester and Salford, apart from Glasgow and its hinterland.

The cookie monster said:
waterloo blue said:
Bigg Bigg Blue said:
You're not wrong there mate,went over for a mates wedding and after the reception ended up in there,some lad hanging out the back of a fat bird in the toilet cubicle,turns to the lads all using the stones and says'what are you looking at',all the time still pumping away.

-- Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:55 am --

The cookie monster said:
My mistake mate it was the woodman
Fill of them in there
Still in waterloo :)
Does Joan still run it with her daughter Louise?,those tools that get in there haven't set foot in Old Trafford since the eighties,it used to be my local.
Dont know mate
Went in the junction the other night first time in years,you know just on turner lane
Was just abt to order a pint and all i could see was rag memorabilia on the walls,i had no idea,neither did the other two blues i was with
Turned back round and fucked off to the broadoak.
My mates father in law Jeff ran the Junction years ago and Robbies fucked him off,he walked out on Sunday leaving the bar open.
Apparently there wasn't much left on Monday for the relief manager to sell even the Cherry B and Old Tom had been necked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.