Worst refereeing decisions involving City?

Monkey Boy Blue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
It says a great deal about football fans, that in spite of the thread title, there hasn't been a single post about a decision that went in our favour!

Allowing Christian Negouai's handball goal against Rotherham
That was a shocking decision.

Something didn't add up about that transfer. I'll leave it at that.

Monkey Boy Blue said:
It says a great deal about football fans, that in spite of the thread title, there hasn't been a single post about a decision that went in our favour!

I think that was possibly the first indication that Kevin Keegan had lost his fucking mind, when he described Negouai as 'the most promising young player I've ever seen'.

Bizarrely, there's actually no record of him having played a single professional game before we signed him, and he only ever made about 12 appearances in his entire career. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an example of one of those transfers where a manager gets conned into singning the wrong player by a corrupt agent. It happened at Sunderland a good few years back with a player called Milton Nunez.

Monkey Boy Blue said:
Monkey Boy Blue said:

I think that was possibly the first indication that Kevin Keegan had lost his fucking mind, when he described Negouai as 'the most promising young player I've ever seen'.

Bizarrely, there's actually no record of him having played a single professional game before we signed him, and he only ever made about 12 appearances in his entire career. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an example of one of those transfers where a manager gets conned into singning the wrong player by a corrupt agent. It happened at Sunderland a good few years back with a player called Milton Nunez.
I think Keegan knew exactly what he was doing. I'll leave it at that.

I have to agree that the Sun Jihai penalty was the most outrageous perhaps. Jihai was taking the ball out of his own area when the opponent rushed up and barged into him - penalty. Some decisions were rotten, but this one defies belief - I can only think the ref was corrupt or a mentally ill cretin. Totally inexplicable.

I remember watching the Tiatto one on TV. A brilliant run, a cracking left-foot shot from distance, and the linesman puts his flag up, as another City player who was way out on the right wing was in a marginally offside position, not remotely interfering with play or in the keeper's eye-line.

I was at Derby's old Baseball ground in the 70's when we played there, on a right mudheap, filthy pitch as always. In an eerie precursor to the Sun Jihai incident, Archie Gemmill threw himself at a City defender and fell down. Penalty! Unbelievable! City had dominated the first half, Dave Watson had hit the |Derby bar with a thunderous header, but that changed everything. Wasn't that the game where Joe Corrigan got booked for sarcastically pacing out the 12 yards to mark the spot, since the spot marking had long since been churned up in the thick mud?

Anyone remember this incident? Can't recall who the nutter of a ref was....

cibaman said:
Any oldies remember that goal ruled out for offside at Huddersfield in the early 70's? Caused a mini riot.
Which one?

Trevor Cherry played the ball back to his keeper, but overhit it. The keeper pushed it on to the bar and it rebounded out. Bell, who had been in his own half when Cherry played it, followed up and hit it in from the edge of the box. Given offside. That one?

Wyn Davies crossed the ball from the left wing. Summerbee headed it in between two defenders on the line, one of whom tried to push it over with his hand. Given offside. Or this one?

The referee was Norman Birkenshaw, Who hated City (or more accurately, Malcolm Allison) with a passion, and admitted that in his autobiography. He was also responsible for some appalling decisions against us - the list for him is endless. A latter-day Peter Walton.

Kompany executing a perfect sliding tackle in the derby and being sent off due to Rooney intimidating the referee.

article-2083985-0F60CCD100000578-25_468x304.jpg

As another poster said, playing until the 97th minute in the derby so United could score.

To be honest there have been a metric shit tonne and a huge amount of them have come post takeover.

I did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.