Worst World Cup ever? [Merged]

Marvin said:
The Portugal v Ivory Coast game still had a lot of quality to appreciate.

It was closely fought, but that doesn't mean it was boring.

Have to say mate, I completely disagree. Thought both teams were far too negative (especially considering Brazil are in their group), and that the game was pretty poor.

Marvin said:
The Portugal v Ivory Coast game still had a lot of quality to appreciate.

It was closely fought, but that doesn't mean it was boring.

It was Marvin....a lot of diving about but not much quality.

its' always like this ever since I can remember..
first games in the group stage everyone is cautious, and nerves abound..

it will all open up soon, once teams realize they actually HAVE to win to make it through.. that when it gets good..

the first game in the group stage is the only game that you don't "have" to win to stay in the competition.. 2nd game is bigger, and the third, unless you've already qualified is massive..

then obviously is 1 and done if you lose from that point..

there are many less goals so far in this tournament though.. i think we're about 10-15 goals fewer than 2006 at this point..

stevenryals said:

it will all open up soon, once teams realize they actually HAVE to win to make it through.. that when it gets good..

the first game in the group stage is the only game that you don't "have" to win to stay in the competition.. 2nd game is bigger, and the third, unless you've already qualified is massive..

there are many less goals so far in this tournament though.. i think we're about 10-15 goals fewer than 2006 at this point..

It does usually get better, but this is the worst first round I've ever had the misfortune to watch.

-- Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:16 pm --

lee-mcfc said:
im enjoying it....
only been about 9 games played.
cant wait for tomorrow though brazil,portugal,ivory coast :D

Hmmmm......

I hate fookin hearing this cause i feel the exact opposite. Some people need to be patient its everyone 1st first game and it is going to be naturally nervy for the players. There should definately be some shocks along the way and i even wouldnt be surprised if were on the backfoot of one!

Cheesy said:
Could this be it? Early days yet I know, but so far... negative tactics, no flair, no great goals, fcuking vuvuzelas, a beach ball, grounds not full, only one good team performance.

Just not getting in to it at all :-(
Couldnt agree more.
Teams have this dont lose at all costs policy.

stevenryals said:

The 2002 World Cup was dreadful for quality, but it was deemed interesting because there was loads of shocks in the group stages with loads of big teams going out. That then made the knockouts crap because most of the best teams and players had all gone home.

It should get better in the knockouts. It's the lack of goals that have been the problem so far and that's largely due to no free kicks being scored because of the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.