Worst World Cup ever? [Merged]

If Brazil don't score at least 3 v North Korea, i am officially fucking off all non-England World Cup games. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease Brazil, entertain us!

well just watched the portugal ivory coast game and what a load of crap,thank fook i watched the german game and was entertained though the vuvufookinthings still spoiled that,call me mr picky but i enjoy the sound of the fans urging their team on and would be nice to hear them cheer when they score,I am pretty sure the Brazilians will perform tonight but i am also pretty sure there will be 50,000 or so "prawn sandwich horn brigade" who are gonna turn up to sit there with no interest apart from blowing their horn..this world cup is so far a sham with not enough fans of their relevant countries being heard cheering them on................roll on Brazil 2014 (though england probably wont qualify) then all being well here in England

stonie said:
well just watched the portugal ivory coast game and what a load of crap,thank fook i watched the german game and was entertained though the vuvufookinthings still spoiled that,call me mr picky but i enjoy the sound of the fans urging their team on and would be nice to hear them cheer when they score,I am pretty sure the Brazilians will perform tonight but i am also pretty sure there will be 50,000 or so "prawn sandwich horn brigade" who are gonna turn up to sit there with no interest apart from blowing their horn..this world cup is so far a sham with not enough fans of their relevant countries being heard cheering them on................roll on Brazil 2014 (though england probably wont qualify) then all being well here in England

Brazil 2014...early get ups..well if its like this Im gonna stay in bed.

samharris said:
stonie said:

Brazil 2014...early get ups..well if its like this Im gonna stay in bed.

no the games will be later they are 3 or 4 hours behind

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=233</a>

Dreadful.

The Ivory Coast game was billed as one to watch, and it was less entertaining than watching paint dry.

Fifa have a lot to answer for, rather than enhance the game as a spectacle the ball has actually hindered the game. The ball is so light that players are finding it difficult to control, and the pitches are so dry and hard that the bounce is ridiculous, I've seen players hit a cross-field ball to a teammate only to see it land in front of them and then bounce directly over their heads, and any time a player tries to shoot from outside the area the ball sails into row Z as if it were full of helium.

There have been 13 games so far in the tournament, an average of a goal a game, and the Germany game aside there hasn't been one worth watching.

The pitches are awful as well, them seem as though they're an inch of turf on a base of concrete, they're always bone-dry and never watered before a game and they seem to tear up worryingly easily.

And then you have the incessant racket of...<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:37 pm --<br /><br />those fucking horns, which rather than creating an atmosphere actually hinder one from even being generated. The only time they stop is when someone actually scores, and then the stadium becomes silent for a few brief seconds and then they all commence again even louder than before!

It can't get any worse than this, I think I might have an attempt at hibernating until the knockout stages, think I'll begin the attempt while tuning into Honduras v Chile tomorrow, that should help me nod off.

The Portugal v Ivory Coast game still had a lot of quality to appreciate.

It was closely fought, but that doesn't mean it was boring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.