Worst World Cup ever? [Merged]

Re: Worst World Cup ever?

i figure all top teams i.e england,italy,spain,argentina,brazil,germany and holland ...will all hammer some other team at some point. it s early stages and many have not even played.watch out slovenia!!

...only england and serbia let me down on predictions so far!

not many goals but it takes time to get into the full swing of it!

it needs a few high scoring games ....the balls are a bit annoying flying way over the goal!

The lack of "atmosphere" coming from the grounds is a problem, and it's because FIFA have allowed these vuvuzelas into the grounds, all you can here is a constant noise. There's no singing, no chanting, no drums of trumpets, just an insestant racket. After the Confederates Cup last year they should have known it would be like this and they should have acted. However Blatter is only interested in himself and couldn't give a shit about your actual football fan.

I must admit that I'm pretty underwhelmed as well.

It's reminded me of the feeling you have after being promoted to the Premier League and thinking you've reached the promised land, then you play Blackburn, Wigan and Bolton.

Cheesy said:
I really am hoping for that improvement. I've always loved the WC in the past. As I type the Dutch score & the only reaction we get is slightly more noise from the vuvuzelas :-(
I was "watching" the Germany game on my PC last night with some foreign commentary. Had the window minimised for a few minutes at 2-0 while I was doing some work but kept the sound on so I'd be able to flick back if there was a goal. When I did flick back 5 minutes later it was 4-0. Two goals had been scored but the sound from the stadium hadn't changed even a tiny bit.

The vuvuzelas hadn't annoyed me at all until that point, but they really are killing any sort of atmosphere whatsoever.

chorleybloo123 said:
Nobody wants to lose their first game. Wait till wins are needed to get through, that's when it gets better.

Wonder why teams don't go hell-for-leather, 2-0 at half time and 'not wanting to lose the first match' becomes less possibility? Three points from the first match and yer good as qualified. Why don't these tossers think about the folk left at home who have nowt but BBC and crappy ITV to look at?

Don't think negative tactics is the right word i think a lot of teams have been a lot better than we thought, always thought USA for example were a tinpot team and they played alright against us, easily could of won it. Really looking forward to Spain though on wednesday on paper its hard to find a fault in that team.

Matty said:
The lack of "atmosphere" coming from the grounds is a problem, and it's because FIFA have allowed these vuvuzelas into the grounds, all you can here is a constant noise. There's no singing, no chanting, no drums of trumpets, just an insestant racket. After the Confederates Cup last year they should have known it would be like this and they should have acted. However Blatter is only interested in himself and couldn't give a shit about your actual football fan.
Dubai Blue said:
I was "watching" the Germany game on my PC last night with some foreign commentary. Had the window minimised for a few minutes at 2-0 while I was doing some work but kept the sound on so I'd be able to flick back if there was a goal. When I did flick back 5 minutes later it was 4-0. Two goals had been scored but the sound from the stadium hadn't changed even a tiny bit.

The vuvuzelas hadn't annoyed me at all until that point, but they really are killing any sort of atmosphere whatsoever.

They may just be my biggest bugbear. Fucking things.

TBH I haven't been impressed by a world cup since 86 maybe it's an age thing?? Of what i've seen so far the only game I have enjoyed so far was the England game...and no not because of the obvious but because it was actually a decent game, the German game last night was good but it was over quickly and the only reason to keep watching was to see how many the Germans would score. I hope it gets better but will prob have to wait until the knockout stages for any vast improvement.

not much world class football being played so far! - is it just me who keeps falling asleep during games ? early days tho

PLEASE!!! One really good game, that's all I'm asking for :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.