Worst World Cup ever? [Merged]

Re: Worst World Cup ever?

citykev28 said:
look at the world cups gone by though. italia '90 took some time to explode. nobody wants to lose the first group game. let's give it a chance. 3 days in and it's the worst ever!!!

No. Note the question mark ;-)

Players and tactics are too cynical nowadays, i'm just glad i got to see the world cups of my youth.

Dubai Blue said:
Cheesy said:
I really am hoping for that improvement. I've always loved the WC in the past. As I type the Dutch score & the only reaction we get is slightly more noise from the vuvuzelas :-(
I was "watching" the Germany game on my PC last night with some foreign commentary. Had the window minimised for a few minutes at 2-0 while I was doing some work but kept the sound on so I'd be able to flick back if there was a goal. When I did flick back 5 minutes later it was 4-0. Two goals had been scored but the sound from the stadium hadn't changed even a tiny bit.

The vuvuzelas hadn't annoyed me at all until that point, but they really are killing any sort of atmosphere whatsoever.

i was "watching" a game whilst in the bath the other day, the water went a bit cold so i let half the bath out and topped it up with the hot. when i got out and dryed myself, i checked the score and a goal had been scored.

the hot tap hadn't annoyed me at all until that point, but how dare it make me miss a goal. from now on i will sit in front of the telly and completely ignore the hot tap in the bath. bastard thing ;0)

Cheesy said:
Could this be it? Early days yet I know, but so far... negative tactics, no flair, no great goals, fcuking vuvuzelas, a beach ball, grounds not full, only one good team performance.

Just not getting in to it at all :-(

I feel the same way. I tried to watch it, but I found my self switching channels and leaving at half time.

It's early days yet, it should liven up come the 2nd games, but I have to agree with the comments about vuvuzelas it tend to detract

deffo the worst world cup ever, no atmosphere what so ever, christ I hope south africa dont ever qualify again, and they can stick their vuvu`s up there arse

The first round of games are usually a bit cagey. It's way too early to tell. Plenty of teas haven't even played yet.

Nowhere near the worst yet, Italia 90 has a big lead in that department IMO and USA 94 didn't pull any trees up, it started ok but got worse and the Final was pure dross.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.