Worst World Cup ever? [Merged]

Re: Worst World Cup ever?

It's absolute garbage so far. Too many crap teams trying to avoid defeat rather than actually trying to win. The monotonous racket from those horns isn't helping either. It's just killing the atmosphere you normally get from the supporters of the two teams.

I thought I`d over done the World Cup watching - was in bed this morning and could swear I was woken up with those vuvuzelas buzzing in my ears - anyway pulled the curtains back and next doors kid has only bloody got one!!

Cheesy said:
PLEASE!!! One really good game, that's all I'm asking for :-)
Don't worry, we have the wonderfully expansive attacking play of Italy to look foward to later. And who could forget tommorow's big game, New Zealand v Slovakia? Should be a cracker, no?

Tricky_Trev said:
Cheesy said:
PLEASE!!! One really good game, that's all I'm asking for :-)
Don't worry, we have the wonderfully expansive attacking play of Italy to look foward to later. And who could forget tommorow's big game, New Zealand v Slovakia? Should be a cracker, no?

GaudinoMotors said:
I thought I`d over done the World Cup watching - was in bed this morning and could swear I was woken up with those vuvuzelas buzzing in my ears - anyway pulled the curtains back and next doors kid has only bloody got one!!

Same here. Next door neighbour's kid was parping away on one at 9 am on Saturday morning. They'd better not make an appearance in the Premier League next season.

We might as well admit that Germany play the kind of footy we crave...and have been doing it since 2006.

It´s not always about winning or loosing, it´s also about entertainment.

Cheesy said:
Tricky_Trev said:

I knew that'd cheer you up. It's not so depressingly bad when you really think about it.

AyrshireBlue said:
TBH I haven't been impressed by a world cup since 86 maybe it's an age thing?? Of what i've seen so far the only game I have enjoyed so far was the England game...and no not because of the obvious but because it was actually a decent game, the German game last night was good but it was over quickly and the only reason to keep watching was to see how many the Germans would score. I hope it gets better but will prob have to wait until the knockout stages for any vast improvement.

I think we havnt seen a truly great world cup game since Brazil v Italy back in 1982 ( and that was probably the greatest ever) I am hoping the knockout stages of this one produce at least a couple of good games but on the evidence so far Im not that hopeful. Japan Cameroon is shocking.

group stage has always been crap. Look at the players of many teams and the clubs they come from. It is like a match Hannover 96 vs Bolton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.