Would anyone be willing to boycott a game?

You don't have to there are cheaper options than the £600 tickets without going to the £299 -£360 range anyway I've sat all over the stadium there isn't really a bad view in the stadium except the new pitch side seats maybe.
I can afford to sit anywhere...it isn't me I'm worried about

I have lots of sympathy with current views about lots not just the prices

trouble is if the demand for tickets is there, then those that stop watching will easily be filled up by another waiting in line.

if it was me and i had already paid for something, i'd want my money's worth and watch the game regardless.

If you want to 'have a voice' dont buy a shirt, or any other merchandise or dont renew your season. Again, someone else will be in line to make that effort in vain. No point boycotting games cos you will just be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

And i know its about loyalty and passion with City, but no one is holding a gun at your head that you have to spend money just to be a fan of the club.

who says we are one of the poorest in the country ?

This is incorrectly quoted.
The club itself is BASED in one of the poorest areas (if not the poorest areas) in the country where a stadium is located.
Many fans do commute from other areas of the country to come and watch City, and thus don't live in lower income areas such as harpurhey, Newton Heath and so on...

This for me falls into my personal gripe of local people being priced out of watching the match as a supporter.
The benefit of the club growth however is employment opportunities increasing, hopefully these positions go to the local community.

Yes, City is in Manchester, but slowly we are turning into a fanbase similar to other more successful clubs such as Rags and Liverpool, as in people (as home supporters) commuting to the Etihad from far and wide.

They have the money, so be it.

The downside for local people on lower incomes is we cannot compete financially with the Tourist money, and the atmosphere suffers significantly as the half n half scarfers aren't as committed and passionate about City as they are just there for the experience, rather than love and commitment.

There are many diehard blues with money who can still afford it, and will provide atmosphere luckily for City.

I just hope in the future I can return If or when I can afford to and there is a decent atmosphere with local diehard blues still floating around.

trouble is if the demand for tickets is there, then those that stop watching will easily be filled up by another waiting in line.
But the demand isn't there and the figures seem to prove it. In 2014/15 we had to reduce capacity to 44k because of the work on SS3. In that season we reported matchday revenue of just over £43m. We played 27 games that season, 19 in the PL, 4 in the CL and 2 each in the early rounds of the domestic cups so those won't have been high-demand games we could charge a lot for. Dividing the revenue by the number of games and the total capacity gives a figure of £36.45 per seat per game.

Last season we played 28 games at home - 19 PL, 6 CL and 3 League Cup, plus a League Cup final which I assume gives us ticket revenue. Not only that but we were getting revenue from the new Joe's/93:20 premium seating areas over and above what we got when they were ordinary seats. So when I factored all that into my estimates for the financial year, I worked on the basis of £1k per seat over the season on the same basis, giving £54m plus I added in the 2 additional CL games and the LC final, giving me an estimated figure of around £60m. Yet the actual figure in the accounts was £53m and the same revenue per seat per game figure was about £1 less.

So either someone's 'doing a Swales' or it's a case of the demand not being there, particularly at the top end of the price range. Because if it was, we'd have reported matchday revenue at much closer to £60m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.