Would anyone be willing to boycott a game?

If ever confirmation was necessary! Anyway definitely had it with this and the renewal thread. Just brassed off arguing with supporters who would moan about ducks having to go barefoot.
you mean legitimate concerns about ticket prices, the matchday experience and other long term failures in football?? Of course you did.....

As I explained elsewhere, I understand why they've put up prices the last few years and looked to change the mix of premium and non-premium seating. We all want to pay as little as possible of course but demand is now higher and the club need to be judged against their rivals and do what they need to maximise revenue. We shouldn't need to match the big London clubs as all bar Arsenal have much smaller capacities, a wealthier fan-base and a much higher audience. So Liverpool & the rags are our best benchmark but they've had big, very well-established fan-bases for a number of years.

In the 2015/16 season we'd pretty well reached our peak I reckon as match-day income really wasn't what I would have expected from the newly expanded stadium and having played in the CL semi-final and League Cup final. I was really expecting it to be up to 15% higher than the £52.5m we reported. That suggests to me we've just about peaked and prices are maybe even too high for the actual level of demand, particularly at the higher end of the scale (premium & corporate). So why they've brought in this largely insignificant increase is a complete mystery to me, particularly when we've got nearly £50m additional TV money this season and that and the £5m for a shirt sleeve sponsor next.

The only possible rationale I can think of is that they're trying to cover match-day and other day-to-day running expenses from ticket income but there's no commercial logic I can see, in the context of frozen prices generally, to doing this for a maximum potential gain of £500k and it might not even be anywhere near that.
Or alternatively they are imbeciles ... or maybe our fan base is if we pay increased prices when the big TV money is coming in

My Seasoncard divided by 19 means I'm paying roughly £33.50 per match. I think that's too high.

There are a few "business gurus" like our friend above who you wouldn't trust to run the tombola at a church fete. A single new sponsor will probably generate enough to cover the increase. At the most basic level a minor sponsor would give us £1m over 3 years which covers the ticket increase. We're getting a sleeve sponsor, Nexen, at a reported £5m a season from next season.

And if this increase is really to cover matchday running costs, why is it not being applied across the board? Stick £5 on all tickets costing up to £500, £10 on those up to £750, £15 on those up to £1,000 and £20 on the rest. Yet some are saying they've seen no increase for 4 years.

you really can't help having a go at people can you. Everyone has a valid point to make - its just not your point. Absolutely sick of reading the same moans on every thread. your polite response would be 'f*** off then' However, I used to like reading Blue moon but the arrogant patronising comments made about people who don't agree with you is just shit.

you really can't help having a go at people can you. Everyone has a valid point to make - its just not your point. Absolutely sick of reading the same moans on every thread. your polite response would be 'f*** off then' However, I used to like reading Blue moon but the arrogant patronising comments made about people who don't agree with you is just shit.
(Switches 'Patronising' setting to Maximum and starts typing) This is called a "forum" and it allows people to express their opinions and discuss and even criticise the opinions of others who've expressed theirs. And if I think people are talking bollocks I'll say they're talking bollocks but I'll tell them why I think they're talking bollocks. That's me. Perhaps I do sometimes come over a bit patronising when it's something I feel very strongly about and people are poo-pooing me but it's nothing personal. Whereas you've been a bit personal about me but I might well agree with you 100% on the next subject you express an opinion on and none of this will carry over.

I've taken the time to try to explain to people why I think the increase in uncalled for and self-defeating but none of the people who say it's necessary can explain why this £500k maximum revenue (and it's not going to be anything like that at the end of the day) is the difference between us signing Messi and not signing Messi. Because it isn't.

If you don't feel there's anything the club do or have done that merits criticism then that's your prerogative. But please don't tell me why I shouldn't have the opinion I do.

(Switches 'Patronising' setting to Maximum and starts typing) This is called a "forum" and it allows people to express their opinions and discuss and even criticise the opinions of others who've expressed theirs. And if I think people are talking bollocks I'll say they're talking bollocks but I'll tell them why I think they're talking bollocks. That's me. Perhaps I do sometimes come over a bit patronising when it's something I feel very strongly about and people are poo-pooing me but it's nothing personal. Whereas you've been a bit personal about me but I might well agree with you 100% on the next subject you express an opinion on and none of this will carry over.

I've taken the time to try to explain to people why I think the increase in uncalled for and self-defeating but none of the people who say it's necessary can explain why this £500k maximum revenue (and it's not going to be anything like that at the end of the day) is the difference between us signing Messi and not signing Messi. Because it isn't.

If you don't feel there's anything the club do or have done that merits criticism then that's your prerogative. But please don't tell me why I shouldn't have the opinion I do.

Ok. You're right - as always. Thanks for the explanations you have provided.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.