Would we have still won the CL if we had kept Sterling, Jesus & Zinchenko (Plus other questions)

No.
Sterling at Wembley vs the scum makes me nervous now just thinking about it.
He was always so lame against them.
Wan bissaka usually had him beat at the handshakes stage

After Lyon I never forgave Sterling or Jesus and Sterling especially never should have started the Champs league final.

He has a mentality issue in the very biggest of games. Jesus is so hit and miss it's not funny. Both needed to move on.

Would have kept Zinchenko all day long and had we done so we wouldn't have had the Mommy Bless Me collapse at lb.

But in saying that Ake needed room to play so if we kept Zinchenko we'd still think Ake was poor when all he really needed was a steady run of games.

No 100%
Zinchenko was never bought as a LB he was and still is for his country a midfielder. Stirling missed as many as he put away and Jesus similar and also Jesus would never be content with sitting on the bench waiting for the Viking to come off. Cancelo was initially a RB brought in to put pressure on Walker. Pep knows what he's doing, with his record how can we say he's got it wrong, unlike the red tops who were wanking when we sold them / loaned them.
CTID

Obviously there is no way of knowing. However imho the two most important factors are the player has reached the latter stages of the CL before (experience) and having Pep as the manager. A third is luck.

Given that both the above apply before and after the players were sold my guess is that we could have won the CL with or without them, and when they were here, we very nearly did.

I actually think we played below average in both finals but had the luck in the one we won. I think Pep actually said if their striker scores from 2 yards out, as you would have expected, then we might not have won.

So who knows but my guess is Yes we could well have done It’s just that we happened to win after they left. We didn’t win it when we had Kompany and Silva either but I’m sure they would have helped this team.

We didn't win it with them previously. Hard to make a case for us winning it with them this season. Start of the season I had doubts about the wisdom of those departures but the CL trophy is in the cabinet so that says it all really.

Sterling gave me ptsd...

A number of times this season we've been through 1 on 1, and automatically (towards the beginning of the season) I'd assume we would miss it. But shock horror Haaland, then Alverez would score, and score quite easily! So sterling had the right attitude but not the fortitude.
Jesus had both so yes he could have been part of this.
Zinny too. He would have been a good one to have in the dressing room during that run in.

Cancelo - no. His attitude would have destroyed the team ethos. We'd have won a lot less. Imo

we saw Zin and Gabby join Arsenal with 'City Aura' draped over both of them like a cloak. We make players better, smarter, more intelligent, better people, better players, serial winners. As the season progressed, little by little, the thread on that cloak unravelled and by the end of the season they were left as they are. Good but certainly not great players. I think that Julian and Akanji are a couple of notches above them. Sterling was good because he played for City and was offered so many chances to score goals. He is now as he looks at Chelsea - inconsistent and too often poor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.