Would You Accept......

I don't give a toss who finishes where as long as we improve on last season. Our time will come. It's my City anniversary on Saturday! First saw City v Blackpool in Sept, 1955. I've waited and waited for a second league success. I can wait a little longer.

Pigeonho said:
I would have that in an instant. I do however think it will be United, Arsenal and then us, but us just being a point or two behind them and then with quite a substantial gap between us and Spurs/Chelsea in 4th. I would take third, as that would represent major progress and to be honest should be the minimum after the investment. I think the experience will tell towards the end of the season, and thats why Arsenal will just pip us to second. Finishing third though behind those two can only be considered a good season. Finishing second would be an amazing season. I don't think we are ready to be champions yet, and we all know United strength in the second half of the season.

I always read this in redtops and hear it off people who believe anything written down. But do the statistics (which matter for once) back it up. I know they have had some belting endings to seasons but are they myth or fact?

Could try google but would be hear till the new year trying to find out. Cos Hughes teams are better set for the second half of the season ;)

Everyone should want us to finish as high as possible, 2nd and two cups will do for now!

mcmanus said:
Pigeonho said:
I would have that in an instant. I do however think it will be United, Arsenal and then us, but us just being a point or two behind them and then with quite a substantial gap between us and Spurs/Chelsea in 4th. I would take third, as that would represent major progress and to be honest should be the minimum after the investment. I think the experience will tell towards the end of the season, and thats why Arsenal will just pip us to second. Finishing third though behind those two can only be considered a good season. Finishing second would be an amazing season. I don't think we are ready to be champions yet, and we all know United strength in the second half of the season.

I always read this in redtops and hear it off people who believe anything written down. But do the statistics (which matter for once) back it up. I know they have had some belting endings to seasons but are they myth or fact?

Could try google but would be hear till the new year trying to find out. Cos Hughes teams are better set for the second half of the season ;)
When Ronaldo was there, they were unstoppable in the second half of the season from what I remember. I admit my post is based on what pundits say, rather than fact, but thats because as already posted I concern myself more with what we do more than what they are up to. The fact they have won god knows how many titles though must point to the fact they have been strong in the second half of many a season before now. From the looks of things, we are following that pattern as I believe this squad has now gelled, therefore with a bit of luck on the injury front I see us going from strength to strength as the second half of the season begins. I worry too whether adding more ego's to the club could damage this, however time will tell.

We need third this season to qualify for champions league and attract players, 4th would not do this as it is still 50/50.

Pigeonho said:
danburge82 said:
I don't like to call people names on here. I usually think it's childish and sad. But you, sir, and anyone else who thinks like this (unless you're joking by the way, if you're joking I apologise!) can fuck off, you are twats beyond all levels of twatishness! You are not City fans, you are just sad, bitter blues, United obsessed haters!
I think this one was tongue in cheek, whereas Stonerblues comment was serious. Like you I look at what we are doing, not other clubs. If United win the league it means they are better than any club around them. If we win the league it means we are the better club, thats how the league works, (unless you are a paranoid peter who believes the league is fixed so that united win it). As said in another post, if United and City go into a decade of dominating domestically and in Europe, you can't complain about that as a fan of a club who just 12 years ago were in the 3rd tier of the English game. If United continue to have financial problems and fail to replace, (quality replacements), the ageing Scholes, Giggs et al, well it will be us who is the sole dominant force from the City, but I don't see that happening. They are too much of an entity in their own right to fall from grace so dramatically that winning the Carling Cup is deemed as success. They will be alongside us for the forseeable future in my view, and like I say if its us 2 going toe to toe for everything the game has to offer, so be it.

Spot on. City are the only thing that's important. If someone else wins the league it means they've been more consistent than us over 38 games. They'll therefore deserve to win it.

I cant see them lot sliding far neither to be honest. Look at their profits before payments had to be made form last season. It was a record for any club in the world ever. If a Qatari billionare investor wanted to invest in them he'd get much more out of it than our owner would with us. And they would easily cope with the FFP rules because of it. I wouldn't be surprised that with United's power in the ECA (formally the G14) they would well get the FFP rules lessened or abolished completely to suit their new found wealth anyway. I'm sure FIFA and UEFA would bend over backwards to keep United a top team!

Yes to both , but what colour would the ferrarri be, We have to look at ourselves 2nd would be progression ,it is only a matter of time and patience before we overtake the rags ,and win the league, but it would be nice if we could throw in the Europa with a nice weekend in Dublin................maybe I could go in the ferrarri I am greased and ready to go

rickmcfc said:
United to win the league if it meant we would finish second? I would take it right now. What about you?

I think they will win it, unless they drop points with their two games in hand and we continue to win each week and put pressure on them. They have the annoying ability to pull the points out of the fire each week and if Rooney finds some form.... Chelsea (if they don't buy in January), will be fighting with Spurs for 4th IMO. We are battling Arsenal for 2nd.

The Arsenal away game on the 5th is crucial now, assuming we beat Blackpool.

danburge82 said:
Pigeonho said:
I think this one was tongue in cheek, whereas Stonerblues comment was serious. Like you I look at what we are doing, not other clubs. If United win the league it means they are better than any club around them. If we win the league it means we are the better club, thats how the league works, (unless you are a paranoid peter who believes the league is fixed so that united win it). As said in another post, if United and City go into a decade of dominating domestically and in Europe, you can't complain about that as a fan of a club who just 12 years ago were in the 3rd tier of the English game. If United continue to have financial problems and fail to replace, (quality replacements), the ageing Scholes, Giggs et al, well it will be us who is the sole dominant force from the City, but I don't see that happening. They are too much of an entity in their own right to fall from grace so dramatically that winning the Carling Cup is deemed as success. They will be alongside us for the forseeable future in my view, and like I say if its us 2 going toe to toe for everything the game has to offer, so be it.

Spot on. City are the only thing that's important. If someone else wins the league it means they've been more consistent than us over 38 games. They'll therefore deserve to win it.

I cant see them lot sliding far neither to be honest. Look at their profits before payments had to be made form last season. It was a record for any club in the world ever. If a Qatari billionare investor wanted to invest in them he'd get much more out of it than our owner would with us. And they would easily cope with the FFP rules because of it. I wouldn't be surprised that with United's power in the ECA (formally the G14) they would well get the FFP rules lessened or abolished completely to suit their new found wealth anyway. I'm sure FIFA and UEFA would bend over backwards to keep United a top team!
You had a humdinger of a post there until you went all conspiracy on my arse!! All clubs will be treated the same by UEFA, us included, as there's no reason not too.

kippax boy said:
Yes to both , but what colour would the ferrarri be, We have to look at ourselves 2nd would be progression ,it is only a matter of time and patience before we overtake the rags ,and win the league, but it would be nice if we could throw in the Europa with a nice weekend in Dublin................maybe I could go in the ferrarri I am greased and ready to go
Long Weekend mate, the Finals on a Wednesday !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.