Would You Accept......

Pigeonho said:
stonerblue said:
No. I'd rather finish 4th and see someone else win the league.
Seriously? Why? Why would you have us finishing 4th, meaning we could not actually get to the CL proper, just to not have United win the league? Its about us isn't it, not them?

Ah, i forgot about 4th meaning a qualifying game for cl. Make it 3rd.

No. I am confident we will finish in the top 4. I also think we could win it. So to accept 2nd now and allow that lot across the road to win it would feel like we had been cheated.

Swales lives said:
It would seriously take the shine off coming second, if those twats won it. But I could live with it.

It used to be proper gut-wrenching when they'd win the league and we'd get relegated.
It's a no-brainer for me.
The easiest thing to do is just not associate with what they do. They are nothing to do with us as far as i'm concerned. What we do is what is important and it should be that which has 100% focus from us as the clubs fans, not what our neighbours over the way are doing. I would have a period of Manchester dominance, us winning it a few years on the row, then them winning us with us coming second, with us winning the CL thrown into the mix and them doing well in it too. United won't be going away anytime soon as far as I can see, and if they get the Qatari Royal Family as their owners, they will spend big like us. I know I will be in the minority here but I would have no problem with the PL, Cups and CL being dominated by the 2 Manchester clubs.

rickmcfc said:
United to win the league if it meant we would finish second? I would take it right now. What about you?

What the fuck does it matter what United do?!

If we're improving, we're improving, that's all that's important! We've finished in the top five of the top league just nine times since the war, in the top two just twice. If we finish second this season we are far exceeding what this club has historically usually done so, by a fuckin mile. I'd be fucking extatic! We'd be straight into the Champions Lg, no qualifying round for failures who finish third or fourth (third and fourth are failures by the way. I can't believe they're rewarded with any sort of prestige. unless you're runners-up or champions you're nobody. and ask any champions, they'll say unless you're champions you're nobody!)

m20-benny said:
behave yourself!

i'd rather we went down than united win the league.

I don't like to call people names on here. I usually think it's childish and sad. But you, sir, and anyone else who thinks like this (unless you're joking by the way, if you're joking I apologise!) can fuck off, you are twats beyond all levels of twatishness! You are not City fans, you are just sad, bitter blues, United obsessed haters!

Pigeonho said:
we all know United strength in the second half of the season.

In the spirit of skiving, I've just had a look at their points pre and post Christmas.

5 of the last 10 seasons they average more points per game before Christmas than they do after. The overall stats from the 10 years show that they average .12 of a point per game after Christmas than they do before.

I know Baconface likes to put out this myth, and they have had a couple of cracking finishes to the season, but I don't think it's as much of a sure think as we would maybe expect.

danburge82 said:
m20-benny said:
behave yourself!

i'd rather we went down than united win the league.

I don't like to call people names on here. I usually think it's childish and sad. But you, sir, and anyone else who thinks like this (unless you're joking by the way, if you're joking I apologise!) can fuck off, you are twats beyond all levels of twatishness! You are not City fans, you are just sad, bitter blues, United obsessed haters!
I think this one was tongue in cheek, whereas Stonerblues comment was serious. Like you I look at what we are doing, not other clubs. If United win the league it means they are better than any club around them. If we win the league it means we are the better club, thats how the league works, (unless you are a paranoid peter who believes the league is fixed so that united win it). As said in another post, if United and City go into a decade of dominating domestically and in Europe, you can't complain about that as a fan of a club who just 12 years ago were in the 3rd tier of the English game. If United continue to have financial problems and fail to replace, (quality replacements), the ageing Scholes, Giggs et al, well it will be us who is the sole dominant force from the City, but I don't see that happening. They are too much of an entity in their own right to fall from grace so dramatically that winning the Carling Cup is deemed as success. They will be alongside us for the forseeable future in my view, and like I say if its us 2 going toe to toe for everything the game has to offer, so be it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.