Would you be happy to see Nasri Start for Arsenal today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nashark said:
I think he's a very good player, but I think we already have enough overpaid very good players. And with season tickets on the rise and FFP coming in, the fans are gonna feel it. I am a fan.

We want players who want to play for this club. We could wait 12 months or whatever it is and see how much he wants to play for us. We'd also not be giving £25M to our rivals.

Should he come, I'll support him but at the minute, he's an Arsenal player.

I'm not convinced we need him and I'm not bothered if he comes or not tbh,
although I acknowledge that strength in depth is a must with the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (Sorry just like writing that :-)

We really need to offload more first imo.

SebastianBlue said:
nashark said:
I think he's a very good player, but I think we already have enough overpaid very good players. And with season tickets on the rise and FFP coming in, the fans are gonna feel it. I am a fan.

We want players who want to play for this club. We could wait 12 months or whatever it is and see how much he wants to play for us. We'd also not be giving £25M to our rivals.

He would of gone somewhere in this transfer window.

And do you really believe we would be able to compete with a transfer strategy of only buying players that are available on a free... But really, really, pretty please want to play for us?

Instead of making a valid point, you changed my argument (where did I say we pursue a strategy of buying only free players?) and took a sarcastic tone consequently making yourself look like a bit of a muppet.

We all want City to do well - you just might be better putting your opinion across in polite terms if we're to get anywhere.

Balti said:
nashark said:

although I acknowledge that strength in depth is a must with the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (Sorry just like writing that :-)

Last year, when Silva was missing, we was really quite one dimensional. I think were the worst to happen and Silva was out, we have enough depth of creativity with Aguero.

The way I see it: we have enough talent to win the Premier League. If we don't win it, a lack of quality players cannot be an excuse.

nashark said:
SebastianBlue said:
nashark said:

He would of gone somewhere in this transfer window.

And do you really believe we would be able to compete with a transfer strategy of only buying players that are available on a free... But really, really, pretty please want to play for us?

Instead of making a valid point, you changed my argument (where did I say we pursue a strategy of buying only free players?) and took a sarcastic tone consequently making yourself look like a bit of a muppet.

We all want City to do well - you just might be better putting your opinion across in polite terms if we're to get anywhere.

Balti said:
nashark said:

Last year, when Silva was missing, we was really quite one dimensional. I think were the worst to happen and Silva was out, we have enough depth of creativity with Aguero.

The way I see it: we have enough talent to win the Premier League. If we don't win it, a lack of quality players cannot be an excuse.

Actually, I did make a valid point: Nasri would have (may still, we shall see) likely gone somewhere in this transfer window and so employing your strategy would merely mean we would not have a chance to sign him. While I would agree with you that this sort of outcome would not necessarily be the end of days, I was still pointing out your thinking may be flawed.

Also, I was merely speeking as friends do (we're all city supporters, after all) and didn't realize you would take offense. I think it is odd that you would chastise me and then commence with an ad hominem attack.

Anyway, we'll soon find out the outcome.

Reports on 5Live during the game were suggesting the deal is in danger of breaking down over 'agents fees' apparently. Still, got 11 days to sort it out.

I'd be amazed if we weren't exploring a number of options but with the main focus being on Nasri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.