Would you go Red?

Last comic relief day staff and pupils were told that it was a non uniform day but everyone had to bring in a quid and wear something red.
I said here's a fiver and fuck off I will never wear anything red!

Red and black City top? There's a red rose on our new crest.

I'd like to think I'm a proper Blue but wear my red Wales jerseys with pride. I just kid myself it's Welsh red!

Yellow green pink fuschia. Whatever, I don't mind.

But NOT red.

I won't even buy a red car FFS.

Cardiff did it so it's not a pointless question in any way. However, Cardiff's hated rivals do not wear red and it is also the Welsh colour for football. I own and wear red Wales tops etc.

We can withdraw our support all we like but we'd just be replaced by tourists in half and half scarves. I think it would still be the final nail in the coffin for me.

How nails do you have in already and why?

Last edited:
Just "read" that a major company, Rakuten, offered to sponsor us in 2012 under the condition that we changed our colours to Red.
They have since signed a mega sponsorship deal with Barca today.

So, how would you feel if we would've gone red?
Or any other colour for that matter if say Carlsberg wanted to sponsor us and asked us to play in green :/

Luckily for us the offer was declined under those terms.

For me, it doesn't matter how much money was on the table, I would walk away from supporting City (under the current regime) if they decided to change our primary colour to Red.

And yes I am aware we have played in red (and black) historically.
I should ban you for even asking the question.....

I love the red and black away kit.

Me too, SWP.

The red and black is an iconic kit among many City supporters of a certain vintage - it was the first away strip I remember - and we won both the League Cup and ECWC in 1970 wearing it.

I would have it as the away kit every season if it were up to me.

As to changing the home kit to red.

NO!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.