Would You Have Rafa?

cityisblue said:
Dear Man City Fans.

I am a Liverpool Fan who has registered last couple of days after hearing the rumours regarding Pelegrini .

I am also a huge fan of Rafa Benitez like a lot of Liverpool Fans and like a lot of you guys who hold Mancini with great high regard we also feel the same way about Rafa but possibly a lot more stronger.

It would be nice personally to be rooting for a nice club that Rafa is with and look out for his results rather than the classless Chavs of Chelski.

Rafa Benitez is a world class manager who will take City to the level that you guys want to be and dreaming off, this is the guy who achieved a second champions league final ahead of ferguson , and mourinho with potless Liverpool ahead of moneybags UTD, and Chelsea and started Premier League dominance of the CL for a period of 5-6 years.

This is the same guy who had to sell to buy, and buy to sell throughout his Liverpool tenure to compete in the Premier League and keep overachieving, he would have won the league on peanuts in 2008/2009 (86 points 2 defeats) against a UTD with Tevez, Ronaldo, Ronney, Berbatov as a strike force ( what were your totals last season and how much did you spend to compete with a weaker UTD)
This is the guy who beat the galactico's of Madrid, and the Barcelona team of Rivaldo and Figo to 2 league titles with Valencia. How many La Liga's Jose won with a squad over £550 Million ?

This is the same guy who told Inter Milan to spend money otherwise they will be out of competitve contention because the squad had over 15 players over the age of 31 and prone to injuries ( Where are Inter Milan now ? was he not correct ? He still won 2 trophies, qualified for the CL quicker than mourinho did in his 2 seasons, and then asked Moratti to back him or sack him with 60% of the season remaining and only 15 games played in the league .

This is the same guy who does not have an ounce of support at Chelsea and not 1 week of full training ( since he has started games every 3 days consistently up to now) but yet sits 3 points behind City, and last 4 of league cup, last 4 of FA cup, Final of the UEFA cup ( his 4th euro final in 9 years) and has the following CV :

2x La Liga Winner
1 EuropeanCup
I Uefa Cup
I FA Cup
I Uefa super Cup
1 World Cub Cup
1 Spanish Super Copa
1 Charity shield winner
1 italian Super Copa

2x Ballon Dor Wnner ( World manager of the Year)

I European cup Runner Up
I League Cup Runner Up
2 World Cub Cup Runner Up
I UefaSuper Cup runner Up

I have looked at your Clubs history, and you have won 3 top level league titles in over 100 years as a club, he has 2 in 10 years of top level management including a 2 year break with clubs with no money !

You have 1 European trophy , he has 2 already , and is now in his 4th final !

Man city need Rafa Benitez, not Pellegrini, Rafa will make you compete with Chelsea for english football dominance and give you the European cup that you want .

You have money, the players, but you need a top class manager, his head to head against Man City is interesting, his head to head against Ferguson and Mourinho is also very interesting !!!

Well if you put it like that one can't really argue, and I for one never saw him in that light before as a City fan and want to thank you for the info!!

cityisblue said:
Dear Man City Fans.

I am a Liverpool Fan who has registered last couple of days after hearing the rumours regarding Pelegrini .

I am also a huge fan of Rafa Benitez like a lot of Liverpool Fans and like a lot of you guys who hold Mancini with great high regard we also feel the same way about Rafa but possibly a lot more stronger.

It would be nice personally to be rooting for a nice club that Rafa is with and look out for his results rather than the classless Chavs of Chelski.

Rafa Benitez is a world class manager who will take City to the level that you guys want to be and dreaming off, this is the guy who achieved a second champions league final ahead of ferguson , and mourinho with potless Liverpool ahead of moneybags UTD, and Chelsea and started Premier League dominance of the CL for a period of 5-6 years.

This is the same guy who had to sell to buy, and buy to sell throughout his Liverpool tenure to compete in the Premier League and keep overachieving, he would have won the league on peanuts in 2008/2009 (86 points 2 defeats) against a UTD with Tevez, Ronaldo, Ronney, Berbatov as a strike force ( what were your totals last season and how much did you spend to compete with a weaker UTD)
This is the guy who beat the galactico's of Madrid, and the Barcelona team of Rivaldo and Figo to 2 league titles with Valencia. How many La Liga's Jose won with a squad over £550 Million ?

This is the same guy who told Inter Milan to spend money otherwise they will be out of competitve contention because the squad had over 15 players over the age of 31 and prone to injuries ( Where are Inter Milan now ? was he not correct ? He still won 2 trophies, qualified for the CL quicker than mourinho did in his 2 seasons, and then asked Moratti to back him or sack him with 60% of the season remaining and only 15 games played in the league .

This is the same guy who does not have an ounce of support at Chelsea and not 1 week of full training ( since he has started games every 3 days consistently up to now) but yet sits 3 points behind City, and last 4 of league cup, last 4 of FA cup, Final of the UEFA cup ( his 4th euro final in 9 years) and has the following CV :

2x La Liga Winner
1 EuropeanCup
I Uefa Cup
I FA Cup
I Uefa super Cup
1 World Cub Cup
1 Spanish Super Copa
1 Charity shield winner
1 italian Super Copa

I European cup Runner Up
I League Cup Runner Up

I have looked at your Clubs history, and you have won 3 top level league titles in over 100 years as a club, he has 2 in 10 years of top level management including a 2 year break with clubs with no money !

Man city need Rafa Benitez, not Pellegrini, Rafa will make you compete with Chelsea for english football dominance and give you the European cup that you want .

You have money, the players, but you need a top class manager, his head to head against Man City is interesting, his head to head against Ferguson and Mourinho is also very interesting !!!

None intentions to be rude here, since you have valid point, but;

Why is Liverpool fans obsessed with Benitez taking over at City. Every liverpool fan I meet, ant many posters at RAWK, all they are messing about is that Benitez should be the manager in City because he is so great. Why dont you guys want him back yourself then

MSP said:
Of course he does make a case, Benitez is very good manager and his only problem is that he dared to confront Ferguson.
His CV is one of the most impressive in managers world and Inter is only place where he didn't deliver but as Liverpool fan said we see where that Inter finished now.

How the heck someone can say that his period at Liverpool was not successful is something I'll never understand.

That's the one thing that I do like about him.

cityisblue said:
Dear Man City Fans.

2x La Liga Winner
1 EuropeanCup
I Uefa Cup
I FA Cup
I Uefa super Cup
1 World Cub Cup
1 Spanish Super Copa
1 Charity shield winner
1 italian Super Copa

I European cup Runner Up
I League Cup Runner Up

Rafa?.....

I do like Rafa.

As has been stated, he's persecuted by going up against the media overlord Baconface with facts they couldn't be bothered to dig up. He also had run in with their other darling Mourinho.

The issues he had at Inter are always overlooked when anyone talks about his time there and nobody is giving him the credit he deserves for turning Chelsea into a stable ship (and seemingly being the only manager to break Terry's influence in the dressing room).

As I've siad earlier in this thread, he wont be top of City's list to replace Mancini but I'd be very surprised if he wasn't somewhere on it.

AucklandBlue said:
I do like Rafa.

As has been stated, he's persecuted by going up against the media overlord Baconface with facts they couldn't be bothered to dig up. He also had run in with their other darling Mourinho.

The issues he had at Inter are always overlooked when anyone talks about his time there and nobody is giving him the credit he deserves for turning Chelsea into a stable ship (and seemingly being the only manager to break Terry's influence in the dressing room).

As I've siad earlier in this thread, he wont be top of City's list to replace Mancini but I'd be very surprised if he wasn't somewhere on it.

Not a bad choice but I don't think it will work with Txiki Begiristain as he will want overall control.

The Liverpool fan making out like he was on a shoestring budget at Liverpool is having a laugh. He spent around 100m net at a club that had finished 2nd a couple of seasons beforehand and was already part of the 'sky 4'

It's easy to point to the successes but his negatives are far too numerous for me. He began Liverpool's recent slump and he took over at treble winning Inter and failed miserably.

He is humourless, full of excuses, confrontational, plays dull as shit football, rotates far too much, doesn't give youth players a chance and is overly negative in his tactics and subs.

No.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.