Would You Have Rafa?

cityisblue said:
The Media is an amazing tool and I would say numero uno when it comes to shaping our views, our perceptions, and fuckin hell even raising our children more than parents do !

That is the only reason I can find for some posters here saying no thanks to Rafa Benitez and questioning his credentials..its laughable but thats what the media does so no one here is to blame !

The Reason why he gets such Bad press is because :
A) he sued Rob Beasley ( Sun, news of the world)
B) he sued Danny fat boy Kelly and Talk Sport
C) he questions the punditry of experst in Sky Sports such as Redknapp, Souness, and the Smear Campaign started by Richard Keys, Andy Gray against him
D) He attacked Media favourites Mourinho and Ferguson and that can never be forgotten by some of them, look at the xenophobic attitude towards Mancin during his tenure with you and triple that with Rafa !!!

Regarding someone questioning Benitez spending at LFC, well to buy Torres , you need to buy Lusis Garcia, and peter crouch to make them better and then sell them to buy Torres, that was the model at Liverpool, so what he made in transfers , he can use with the exception of his last 2 seasons, with what he sold on had to go to barclays bank, ( we were a club in administration by the time the new owners came in, so you now know what Gillett and hicks were like as owners ) his net spend with Liverpool was £10 million per season !

Someone said he does not give youth a chance ??? really ? we went to a league cup final with a youth team in his first season, shit youth palyers as well, and just before his last season he revamped the academy which is now producing, sterling, suso, and others..thats all his work !!! Coutinho was given his debut as a 17 year old by rafa at inter Milan not mourinho !!!

you guys are disapointed losing Mancini who won a title and fa Cup with a top top squad spending money , now imagine LFC fans with a 2 times European cup finalist, Fa Cup winner, super cup winner, charity shield winner, league cup finalist, world club cup finalist, runner up in the premier league, and the man who saved the club from Gillett and Hicks !!

Someone mentions Inter Milan ?m Inter Milan had 15 players over the age of 31, he was promised money to bring in youth to compete after a tiring season from mourinho , Moratti was potless because Jose spent £100 Million over 2 seasons and did not back him ! Rafa still won 2 trophies, qualified from CL group stage a game earlier than mourinho ever did , played only 15 games in the league and had 2 games in hand over AC Milan before he exposed Moratti and took his pay check ! what would you have done in his situation moving one bunch of lying owners into another ! Where are inter Milan now ?

The Job at Chelsea is just incredible considering every man and his dog wants him to fail and not succeed , but the way he has managed the situation with skill, inteligence and dignity is incredible, the guy is a fcukin genuis of a coach, you will realise if you are lucky to have him and you will do incredibly well .

Regarding his football thats another MYTH, he is credited with the creation of the 4-2-3-1 system and playing 4-4-2 in the english league with pace and aggression and high pressing, he likes to play controlled football with dynamic "15-20 minute phases" to go for the kill. its short, sharp, with pace, high tempo, high pressing, dont believe Darren Gough and Co , its all bullshit.

I hear names like ancelloti, klopp, etc..well compare there CV with Rafa's that I have posted and look at the clubs they have been at to make your assumption and assessment.

I can categorically say that if Man City need a club and team builder for the long term staring with the short term than Rafa is the only man you need..LOOK AT HIS CV.

Spending:
He spent around 100m NET. Net takes into account sales.

As for his football, I'll trust my own eyes, Liverpool were negative and boring to watch. And even with Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Chelsea aren't that great to watch. His subs are negative and his first game, against us, a game you'd want to go out and at least try to win, summed his football up. Stifling and dull. BTW, IIRC, Chelsea were only 9 pts behind Utd when he took over. Tough conditions, granted, but I wouldn't say he has been excellent.

About the media, I for one don't read it much, I don't buy papers, I come to my conclusions based on watching his teams, his press conferences etc. He has a good CV but it doesn't mean he's right for us.

If it gets down to a choice between Rafa and Pelegrini which it could well be I would take Rafa.

The new manager won't have the luxury of any bedding in time like RM had.

It's instant success and Rafa has more experience in the premiership and more likely to get us silverware next year.

cityisblue said:
Barcon said:
Couldn't coach a dog in from a snowstorm with a pork chop. I have to laugh at all the jokers that have signed up just to try to convince us that he's the right man for the job. They're hoping that if we hire raffi, it will offset their grief regarding hiring the other bitter jock from across the road. P.S, don't bother naming all the intertoto, world club cub, charity shield wins. There about as meaningfull as a blue peter badge.

have a look at his CV, you aint got a clue what you talking about, You want Mourinho because he gurantees trophies,,well so does this guy have a look at his CV and compare it to what you as a club have won over 100 years,,and unlike mourinho he does not spend hundreds of millions to do it..keep reading the Rags...

Anyhow good luck with Pelegrini or whoever and i can guarantee he will not be successfull...been watching the game since the age of 6, I know a thing or to about football

Can't stand Mourinho pal. How old are you now and where do you live?

I actually think he has done a very good job at chelsea under extreme difficulties with their pathetic fans and childish players.

Not saying he'd be my first choice at city, but he has done himself no harm at all in landing a top job somewhere.

Rafa odds shortening across all bookies now, Pellegrini continuing to drift but still odds on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.