Would You Have Rafa?

No thanks. He looked to be taking Liverpool to the title until his (factually correct) rant about Ferguson. It seemed badly timed and United went on to claim the title. His team were often boring to watch and his changes (Torres off when Liverpool needed a goal at Birmingham?) were baffling to the point of Steven Gerrard looking as confused as fuck.

100% no. I think he has proven he can't handle the pressure. He should have won the league at Liverpool and didn't. He could have won the league with Chelsea this season and blew it. There are better candidates out there.

rickmcfc said:
Hope it doesn't happen because I love Mancini, but if we parted company for whatever reason, would you have Rafa Benitez as Manager? I would in a heartbeat and think he is a very good manager, especially in European Football.

Thoughts?

No rash decisions.

nederblue said:
100% no. I think he has proven he can't handle the pressure. He should have won the league at Liverpool and didn't. He could have won the league with Chelsea this season and blew it. There are better candidates out there.

Can't handle the pressure? No one has had more pressure from the media and his own fans than Benitez this season - I think he has done with Chelsea given the length of time he has had and the shit he has had to put up with. Of course he could have won the league but he was put in the job mid-season with a bunch of aging prima donnas ,trying to integrate new players and he achieved 3rd , semi final of FA cup and final of Europa league - I think that's quite an achievement

For the short term yes but we don't need that. The 1 I would go for is the manager of Borussia Dortmund Jugen Klopp he has a very good record with that club.

2 German titles including the double last season, has also got them past the group stages of the Champions League these last 2 seasons including the final this year. he always is looking for good young players and will bring them through from the other teams at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.