Would You Have Rafa?

manchester blue said:
Mrmcfc said:
Mrmcfc said:
I like him.
Tactically astute and a good motivator.
Hasn't exactly been unsuccessful has he?
I stand by this.
I've always liked him as a manager, and i wouldn't be upset if he was ours.

Me neither. Handled himself in a most dignified manner too.

Big points for hating the rags as well. But mainly, and what you can't argue against, he is a winner.
That's it in a nut shell.
After all the bullshit he got from the chavski fans he could have quite easily done it half arsed and just got them in the top 6 or done whatever. But he thought fuck it, i'm going to win them a cup and make them all look like thick cunts.

Thats the winning mentality.

Imagine how determined he'd be to fuck over the rags at their main rivals club.
He'd relish it most definitely.

Get him in for fucks sake,stop fuckin moaning you know what your getting with rafa, trophys galore.<br /><br />-- Wed May 15, 2013 10:17 pm --<br /><br />Get him in for fucks sake,stop fuckin moaning you know what your getting with rafa, trophys galore.

He's good in Europe but not sure he has what it takes to win the league. Every team he managed in England seems to have struggled in the league. Having said that I wouldn't be disappointed if they picked him. Maybe with the full support of the fans and the club he could be a great manager.

He's not as bad as some make him out to be. He's a very good manager but he's not the right fit for us at the moment. He'll be at a good club next year though for sure I'd be shocked if he wasn't.

cmdub said:
He's not as bad as some make him out to be. He's a very good manager but he's not the right fit for us at the moment. He'll be at a good club next year though for sure I'd be shocked if he wasn't.

Yep I agree with that.

Not for me. Can't put my finger on it but something about Rafa doesn't sit right. I hope that we'll have Pellegrini nailed down asap.

Mou betting odds have gone to 3/1. No fornicator knows why. Jason whatsitsface from Talk Shite is having a panic about it.

But Pelligrini will be announced next week. I have no doubt.

wayne71 said:
Ray78 said:
Will not fit in with the Ethos we are going to create even with his trophy record.

Are we going to try and emulate the Arsenal model now?

This is what the board is expecting, credit goes to Scooby Blue for this post:

1) "Holistic targets":
- to work closely with academy staff + encourage young talent
- to work closely + co-operatively with Dir of football (Txiki) to identify + bring in transfer targets (within FFP guidelines)
- to work closely with both of above to introduce similar football ethos + playing style across all levels of club

2) "Performance" targets:
- to qualify for CL by finishing top 3 (minimum)
- to win a domestic trophy (preferably FA Cup)
- to reach knockout stages (or better) of CL
- to do all of above through playing attractive / possession based attacking football.

Clearly lots of posters on BM don't really do "reading between the lines".

Mancini was not sacked because of the team's results this year...it was because he manifestly failed to engage in any of the "holistic" targets that he was being given.
In fact it was the opposite and he was openly attacking medical staff / players / executive colleagues / PR staff in a very public manner.

The list of failed targets cited by the club was a PUBLIC EXPLANATION / EXCUSE for getting rid of Mancini...but the real reason was that he refused to operate in a constructive / collaborative manner with the other parts of the club.
He boxed himself into a corner where he labelled himself a "winner" and didn't care about other depts.
N.B. the interview given by Soriano to Italian press : "Mancini is a winner - I say no more" - now we see real context of quote.
When you are only a "winner" + you stop winning...you are in trouble.

I would say that if we had not won the league last year + someone like Pellegrini had come in this season...he would NOT be sacked based on this season's results...providing he was ticking all the boxes under "holistic" and it was generally felt the overall structure of the club was moving in the right direction.

People saying that the new manager will be sacked if he doesn't win the league in his first season are talking nonsense.

p.s. all of the above is why Mourinho will not be coming + if not Pellegrini it will be a Klopp / De Boer type appointment.

Rafa is similar to a Mourinho and Mancini type of Manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.