Would you miss MOTD?

If they want to save money why not just get rid of Hansen (£40k a week) or Gary Lineker (gets more than Hansen) and bring in new people who actually have a clue about current football, who aren't living in the past feeding outdated cliches.

leighton said:
If you think the bbc is doing a shit job who remembers the itv shambles when they last got it. That was a fucking joke compared to bbc. I think they will keep it on with them cutting back on F1 there is more money there for other sports they already cut back on a lot of sports they cover there was uproar when they lost the highlights package if anything I can see them going for the England and FA Cup games when they come up again. With Capello going and more than likely Harry coming in they will want some of that with Sky.

Just cant see Itv OR the other terrestial tv stations going for the highlights they will all go for there normal European football rights first over the league in my view.

That was just awful. It was like adverts, occasionally interrupted by football highlights. If your team was on last it could take over 2 hours to get there.

Unknown_Genius said:
leighton said:
If you think the bbc is doing a shit job who remembers the itv shambles when they last got it. That was a fucking joke compared to bbc. I think they will keep it on with them cutting back on F1 there is more money there for other sports they already cut back on a lot of sports they cover there was uproar when they lost the highlights package if anything I can see them going for the England and FA Cup games when they come up again. With Capello going and more than likely Harry coming in they will want some of that with Sky.

Just cant see Itv OR the other terrestial tv stations going for the highlights they will all go for there normal European football rights first over the league in my view.

That was just awful. It was like adverts, occasionally interrupted by football highlights. If your team was on last it could take over 2 hours to get there.

Correct how many times did that get slated on here during that time every fucking week. I think since they have got it back they have done a ok with it. I like the Sunday night 1 over the Saturday but I would rather watch that than the Sky Sports choice. Maybe with a fresh approach with new pundits it will get better but with the Liverpool old boys still on it for so long I just cant see it happening.

I like it because its advert free and allows you to watch all of the days games within an hour and a half. Hate the pundits so I usually sky+ it and go out on a saturday then come in a watch it and just fast forward through their "analysis" to the next game. (which I kind have just realised would defeat the problem of adverts if i've recorded it as I could just fast forward through them as well. But ah well)

jimharri said:
Actually prefer the sunday night programme. It has a more relaxed feel and Colin Murray has done an okay job since he took over from Adrian Chiles. Yes, even with that accent! And they tend to have a current player or manager as a studio guest most weeks.

"Unided"

smashing%20TV.gif

Lol, they've just redone the whole studio - Why would they do that if they were considering getting rid?
Would never happen.

Yes, I would miss it. It's usually good and shit in equal parts but the coverage is good for the most part

I would really miss it. I would imagine for most of us it was a "treat" all those years ago when we first became Football fans to stay up late and watch it and I still really enjoy it. It's Football, what's not to like ? - maybe 10 or 15 minutes less and a couple of more up to date pundits and it will be as good as new.

wouldnt really miss it but if its money saving they need to do simply ditch the laughable salaries they give out. I mean 40k per Episode for Hansen.

A huge number of ex players/managers would offer the same/better insight for a tiny fraction of the cost they are currently paying

MOTDs only saving grace is Lawro other than him there is no reason to watch it. I get my weekend round up fix from Goals On Sunday.

The BBC just cannot afford top level sport.
Top level sport costs more and more money and a terrestrial TV station without advertising is going to seriously struggle to fund the money it takes to buy the TV rights.

Taken from the BARB website for BBC1 viewing figures, a typical Saturday night:

Strictly 11.78m viewers
Merlin 7.32m viewers
Casualty 5.18m viewers
MOTD 4.22m viewers

Some weeks it does not even figure in the top 30 programmes on BBC1!

Even Countryfile with 7.75m and Antiques Roadshow with 6.57m get more viewers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.