Would you prefer Spurs or Liverpool win the CL ?

I think you need to improve your defence. It’s vulnerable. I had hoped you would sign VVD as I thought he would have done for your defence what he’s done for Liverpool.

I wouldn’t change the way you play, but I would try to improve defensively.

Hard to disagree that we need to defend better. (I know we have the joint lowest GA in the league) But nevertheless we've been dumped out of the CL now 3 years on the trot and every time, because of stupid goals conceded. Scoring 6 against Monaco and going out, is a joke. Conceding 3 against Spurs at home, in a must win game? Ridiculous.

But I don't think we need better defenders per se. Kompany, Laporte, Stones and Otamendi are all fine if not superb defenders. It's just we leave ourselves so open most of the time.

I think you need to improve your defence. It’s vulnerable. I had hoped you would sign VVD as I thought he would have done for your defence what he’s done for Liverpool.

I wouldn’t change the way you play, but I would try to improve defensively.
We don't really need to sign anyone to improve it, the lads we have in 4 of the 5 positions are still learning and improving.

We don't really need to sign anyone to improve it, the lads we have in 4 of the 5 positions are still learning and improving.

Learn faster. The world of top level football doesn’t wait. How long do they need? More importantly, how long should they be given, knowing that to keep fucking up at that level means you leave with your arse in your hands and the gut wrenching feeling you should have won but for howlers?

Potential is only good when it’s realised, and for me, it’s your Achilles heel. And look what happened to that **** cutting about in sandals when sturdy boots were required.

Learn faster. The world of top level football doesn’t wait. How long do they need? More importantly, how long should they be given, knowing that to keep fucking up at that level means you leave with your arse in your hands and the gut wrenching feeling you should have won but for howlers?

Potential is only good when it’s realised, and for me, it’s your Achilles heel. And look what happened to that **** cutting about in sandals when sturdy boots were required.
Well Laporte is ready now, it's just a shame that his only poor game this season saw every mistake punished and us get knocked out of the CL. Ederson is the best we could have and is improving. Stones needs another year maybe but will have Garcia up his arse soon. Mendy may be a problem.

But then again, we've a better defence than Spurs and they're in the CL final, so maybe luck is all we need to work on?

Well Laporte is ready now, it's just a shame that his only poor game this season saw every mistake punished and us get knocked out of the CL. Ederson is the best we could have and is improving. Stones needs another year maybe but will have Garcia up his arse soon. Mendy may be a problem.

But then again, we've a better defence than Spurs and they're in the CL final, so maybe luck is all we need to work on?

I agree luck played a huge part. Laporte's been brilliant all season and in that Spurs game he had an absolute shocker, and was directly responsible for 2 of their goals if not 3. It was SO unlike him.

This is a horrendous head fuck. Either way it's bad, it's a matter of trying to establish the least worse option. As a Mancunian living in North London in exile this is complicated by being surrounded by Spuds fans. If they will they'll rightly be giddy but I'll never hear the end of it. However, if we can win the league on Sunday I'm sure I can ride this out. Bagging the FA Cup would also help. There is also some upside in that it will be piss funny watching Arsenal fans having to deal with this. They have been horribly sanctimonious about City, so sod them, I'll enjoy their suffering. If the red dippers win then their glory hunting fans down here will be in full on knobhead mode, yes, even more than normal, and the media wank fest will be excruciating.

I really don't know what to think about this. On balance it might be better for Spuds to win. They have been starved of success and will be less full of themselves, because they will have to admit they've ridden their luck to do so. If the dippers win it'll be all the bullshit about their right to win, it, their destiny and their history that is so nauseating.

It's making my stomach turn. I need a lie down and to wake up on Sunday to see that we've won the league.

You find a quiet pub for a drink in the afternoon, the weather has turned nice and a quick slurp is just the ticket. You walk in, the landy has a smile for you and a perfect pint of peroni. The pub is clean and welcoming, you sit down and start to enjoy your drink.

Half a pint gone, a ciggy would just make this afternoon perfect so you nip to the smoking area, there is a badly lit alcove, you see i cig end light up as someone has a drag, no bother you think.

Just as you light up "Eh la, you got a spare ciggie, i've ran out"... FUCK SAKE!

...and that is how your day will begin to spiral down; listening to the monotonous drone of this scouser whilst they suck up their own farts and smile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.