Would you take a draw against Arsenal?

We need to control the game and be patient. If the game is level, or we're one up, there will be gaps all over the place in the last 20 mins or so for Kev and Erling to exploit and we'll finish them off.

We were nowhere near our best when we won at their place 3-1.

We were nowhere near our best when we beat them in the FA Cup.

Taking all the emotion out of it and the huge backing we will also have inside the stadium, the simple fact is we are superior in every way.

If we turn up, it should be more comfortable than the pre-match hype will suggest.

Games like this are made for KDB and Haaland.

When we played at theirs and won, we were still experimenting with Bernardo at left back. We’ve become a much more settled side since that win.

Start thinking a draw will do and you’re fucked. Dropping points to them at home will be a massive boost to them and a blow to you psychologically. Draws fuck all. You are better than them and you need to show it by putting them to the sword. And putting them to that sword should be the only thing acceptable.

Start thinking a draw will do and you’re fucked. Dropping points to them at home will be a massive boost to them and a blow to you psychologically. Draws fuck all. You are better than them and you need to show it by putting them to the sword. And putting them to that sword should be the only thing acceptable.

I'd accept a draw. We'll go out aiming to beat them though, but that doesn't mean tearing into them. Control possession , control the counters. Hopefully go ahead and ease away from them. If not, stay calm and they'll get desperate and gaps will open up. They're a good side going forward, but they aren't a good side at the back.

I'm still not taking a draw.

Without going into the different scenarios and points predictions, I just feel like we need a bit of margin for error this season which a win gives us. Draw and we have to win all 7 games, whilst also navigating Real Madrid and playing an intense number of games over the next 5 weeks.

Winning puts us in a great position ahead of Fulham (a), West Ham (h), Leeds (h) whilst Arsenal play Chelsea (h) and Newcastle (a). I think we need the ability to drop points in at least one of our final four games against Everton (a), Chelsea (h), Brighton (a) and Brentford (a) because Real is sandwiched in there before Everton and then before Chelsea.

I would expect Arsenal to drop points from at least one of their games against Chelsea, Newcastle and Brighton too which means we could wrap it up early and enjoy winning the league before the last game, whilst preparing for (hopefully) two cup finals.

I'd take a draw all day. However, no reason we can't win.

Interesting

538 give us a 76% chance of winning as things stand now so let’s look at what we have to gain and lose…

If we win our chances increase by 15%
If we draw our chances decrease by 4%
If we lose our chances decrease by 32%

So now we see which is better..

Now let’s look at the chances of a win vs a loss

City win 62%
Draw 19%
Arsenal win 19%

62% chance of being 15% better off = 9.3 City win
19% chance of being 4% worse off = 0.76 Draw
19% chance of being 32% worse off = 6.08 Arsenal win

So if we play the match we have 9.3% minus 6.84% = our chances of winning the league goes up by 2.46%

If we accept a draw as a definite we know that we are 4% worse off.

That suggests that we should take our chances and play the match…not that we have a choice!

PS I’ve not checked my logic and I think I would still take the draw!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.