WTF happened to music?

images

Try listening to Idles, Doves, Ana calvi, Foals, steve mason, war paint, squid for example.

Tgere are plenty of good bands/singers if you try looking for them

Yeah this thread wasnt to attack MY personal tastes, it had a completely different point to that.

although genuinely shocked anyone can have a bad word to say about pink floyd, thought they were universally loved.

Yeah this thread wasnt to attack MY personal tastes, it had a completely different point to that.

although genuinely shocked anyone can have a bad word to say about pink floyd, thought they were universally loved.

I've always enjoyed them, but Robert Christgau -- the greatest rock music critic of all time IMO (better than Greil Marcus or Lester Bangs) -- never liked them, save for Wish You Were Here and Piper At The Gates of Dawn. Self-indulgence was never his thing.

The "new" Pink Floyd was supposed to be Radiohead, and think they are hands down the most overrated band in the history of popular music.

Music now is absolutely wank.
Cunts go on x factor and shite like that itter pointless toss.
Radio nowadays is full of twats that talk like there from a cross between Jamaica and fuck knows where.

Music now is absolutely wank.
Cunts go on x factor and shite like that itter pointless toss.
Radio nowadays is full of twats that talk like there from a cross between Jamaica and fuck knows where.

Used to feel the same to I came across these guys - an injection in the arm- a really really good young rock band with a brilliant vocalist - amazing live performances

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rival+sons

Yeah, don’t bother watching anything on tv or listening to radio. There is plenty of great music being made right now, just takes a bit more searching for it. Can’t remember the last time I listened to the radio.

The problem is that no matter how good a band is nowadays, you will never be able to replicate the experience of hearing something brand new. I think when people moan about there being no good bands nowadays, what they're looking for is something that reminds them of what they already know and yet is also as revolutionary as those bands when they first came out, which is obviously impossible. And naturally, when some genuinely new and revolutionary stuff comes out, it's so unfamiliar that it's dismissed as "not proper music" which is ironically probably what their parents said about the bands they liked when they were kids. How many times have you heard whole genres like grime, hip hop or electronic be completely dismissed by people above a certain age?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.