WTF is Manchester looking like Moscow in Glatnost

Yeah. Sure it was about 7 or 8 quid for a full English with toast and a brew the last time I went.

Coffee Pot on Oldham Steet is a rip off
I honestly used to love the Koffee Pot on Stevenson Square. When it moved I gave it a couple of go s .
I was working near Piccadilly Gardens a few weeks ago and thought I’d pop in .
shite doesn’t cover it .
I asked for my coffee to be served with my breakfast . Came almost immediately , bu5 not the coffee I’d ordered.
Breakfast was obviously pre prepared. I used to love the Kippers on sourdough. It’s not available any more but the Irish breakfast was average at best .Manchester has a lack of decent breakfast places at the minute .

I'm in my late 30's now and I'm going to sound like a FOC...but...

Town ain't town anymore.

The only mancs in town are smack'eds and the rest of the people are out of towners who sound like they're from the home counties queuing for posh fucking bread, drinking coffee that's beans have been shit out of a cats arse and don't forget the vegan beer brewed from boiled asparagus roots.

And don't get me started on the uniform... Funny looks if you haven't got a fucking beanie hat, unbuttoned shirt with a t-shirt underneath, pants that are too short and fucking boat shoes with no socks.

I love nothing more than drinking a Cafe Nero Latte, House Blend of course, along with an M&S Crossiant, which I buy before going to Cafe Nero. From there on I love people watching and seeing the world go by. Heaven. The cheaper alternative is going to Greggs, which just isn’t the same.

Didn’t you lot know, the techie kids have taken over the city centre. Manchester (city centre) has the biggest techie community outside London. They’ve got plenty of money to burn, renting apartments, going out all the time, eating an drinking what they want, when they want, money is no object, hence the bars, cafes and restaurants being packed all the time with techie kids.

The latest data from DCMS also confirms Manchester as the fastest-growing tech hub in the North of England, and the biggest outside London and the South East. Manchester-based companies have collectively raised over £1.8 billion in venture capital funding in the past five years.

I miss a good old fashioned cafe on the city centre.

Somewhere you get builders tea and cardiac breakfast.

Sick to fuck of places promising a fry up and get cocktail sausage, a streak of fat with a couple of small on the vine tomatoes, a thimble with a bake bean in, along with a fragment of crisp pretending to be a hash brown. All covered up by a big fuck off mushroom and they want me to pay £15 for it. But if I have a flat white coffee made with the beans of a Guatemalan shit monkey it's reduced to £14.50
If a cafe has panini in its' menu I steer well clear.
It has to be full English (Scottish/Welsh) for me.

I love nothing more than drinking a Cafe Nero Latte, House Blend of course, along with an M&S Crossiant, which I buy before going to Cafe Nero. From there on I love people watching and seeing the world go by. Heaven. The cheaper alternative is going to Greggs, which just isn’t the same.
I like the coffee in Cafe Nero as well.
My favourite coffee in town is served in the Cafe inside the Shudehill bus station.Make a point of going any time i'm heading back up north.

Was on an all dayer just before Christmas and couldn’t get in our usual place, Rowntrees as already mentioned, ventured onto the Arndale market food section. Really nice little stall doing a full English with a brew for £7. Top scran. They were also doing a Christmas dinner wrap for £7 - looked immense and people were snapping them up. They were selling pretty much the same thing on the rip off Christmas market for almost double.
Good place to eat because you fall straight into the Micro Bar too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.