WTF was that on MOTD?

FuZzY said:
Pam said:
Hansen with his rag worshipping bizarreness has known for a long time that he can get away with saying whatever he feel like saying, however moronic, dishonest or vindictive....

We rented a skip the other week to get rid of ancient gardening stuff and/or some other completely redundant shite cluttering up the house. In the course of preparing to vacate the premises, Emma and her relatives went around emptying out drawers and cupboards around the shop. Then they go into the changing rooms and try stuff on without buying the actually like. A plague of locusts is pending and the rats are dead.

I'm still intrigued to this bizarre random post. Has there been any update on Emma and her relatives? lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one Fuzzy. I'm also keen to find out when the plague of locusts is due, although the rats all being dead is a good thing I suppose.

What annoys me as a TV License fee payer, is that these idiots, Jug Ears, Hansen, Shearer and Lawrenson (well actually they're not when you look at how much they get paid) are not actually working for their money.
I would like to know how many of Saturday's matches each of them watched in their entirety.
They all could watch the early kick off. Then all three should be watching different 3pm kick offs.
One should watch the 5pm kick off, whilst the other two watch the last two other 3pm games. All the games will have been watched fully. Then instead of the tired old format of the crisp salesman asking dumb questions and the other two with crap punditry, one should introduce a game he's watched and after the highlights have been shown, highlight the interesting points from that match and the other two pose questions and comments.

All I see happening currently, is three blokes, all watching the same three games, the early K/O, a 3pm and the late one and then they are shown just a few bits from the other games.
I mean they get paid a fortune for this. Surely they can watch a few games of football on their own.

The Guardian have picked up on it. Apologies if this has been posted.

Maybe it's time to take Balotelli seriously

They had a great laugh on the Match of the Day sofa. Alan Hansen wouldn't include Mario Balotelli in his side "when it comes to the crunch" (which side is this and when are their crunch games?) while Alan Shearer "guarantees" the Italian will get sent off further down the line.

Balotelli may partly have himself to blame for being treated like a pantomime character but there comes a point when his on-field actions are what he must be judged on. After all, Wayne Rooney is likely to get himself sent off again at some point in the future but for some reason that's not funny.

The Italian opened the scoring against Aston Villa with a fine improvised overhead kick to score his fourth goal in as many games. On top of that Balotelli generally made a nuisance of himself throughout at the Etihad, twice drawing saves from Shay Given with curling efforts from the inside-left channel.

But because he put his finger to his lips in front of Villa fans who were jeering him for losing his footing and returned to celebrate his goal in the vicinity of the away section he is seen as something of a liability. A former Chelsea manager used to do that kind of thing but was often remarked to "be a breath of fresh air".

What would genuinely be a breath of fresh air would be if Balotelli's increasingly assured displays become the focal point rather than his portrayal as some sort of El Hadji Diouf meets Krusty the Clown figure. EF
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/oct/17/five-things-learned-premier-league" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ier-league</a>

The Pink Panther said:
What annoys me as a TV License fee payer, is that these idiots, Jug Ears, Hansen, Shearer and Lawrenson (well actually they're not when you look at how much they get paid) are not actually working for their money.
I would like to know how many of Saturday's matches each of them watched in their entirety.
They all could watch the early kick off. Then all three should be watching different 3pm kick offs.
One should watch the 5pm kick off, whilst the other two watch the last two other 3pm games. All the games will have been watched fully. Then instead of the tired old format of the crisp salesman asking dumb questions and the other two with crap punditry, one should introduce a game he's watched and after the highlights have been shown, highlight the interesting points from that match and the other two pose questions and comments.

All I see happening currently, is three blokes, all watching the same three games, the early K/O, a 3pm and the late one and then they are shown just a few bits from the other games.
I mean they get paid a fortune for this. Surely they can watch a few games of football on their own.

Fair comment. I was always under the impression that MOTD should be about the football.

On Saturday they gave us an abbreviated analysis of the 5 goals in City's game, with an extended analysis of Mario's personality. Needless, petty, criticism of a player who had in fact been voted Man of the Match. There was absolutely no praise about us going 2 points clear at the top. No praise of about the number of goals City have scored this season. No praise at all, really. Only a quick comment from Hansen that City are 'formidable' at home. (Thanks for that - we were also pretty formidable at WHL & Ewood too, by the way).

Prior to that we had watched extended analysis of the play AND the (only 2) goals in the Anfield game. A game which by most accounts was pretty disappointing anyway. In fact, by my reckoning they spent almost twice as long on that game compared with ours.

BBC have previously maintained that there is no anti-City (or pro-Utd) agenda.
Who do they think they are trying to kid ?

bazbarrybazzer said:
BrianW said:
My complaint to the BBC

Not for the first time, I detected a strong bias against Manchester City FC among your professional commentators. There was no significant mention of the quality of the performance, nor of the exceptional skill shown in scoring the first and fourth goals in particular. Instead time was wasted discussing the alleged attitude of Mario Ballotelli, a young player whose on-pitch behaviour has improved so significantly this year that it should be obvious even to casual observers, let alone 'experts'. There seems an unremitting determination to seize upon the slightest negative aspect at City, and to give as little credit as possible for the many positive aspects. This attitude contrasts strongly with the deferential coverage given to certain other clubs, especially Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham, who are dealt with almost as if they are sacred institutions beyond criticism. At a time when the BBC is being forced to make significant economy cuts, I would suggest that one cut that would be entirely painless would be to dispense with the couch of critics altogether, just show the matches (with commentary) and allow the football action to speak for itself. Alternatively there are any number of 'lads' who could be dragged in from pubs to make ignorant and bigoted comments about the various teams, and who could be employed at very modest cost. My particular objection to the obvious bias of your pundits is that I am *forced by law* to buy a TV Licence - therefore I expect objectivity and fairness. At present I am not receiving this, and I think it is outrageous.

I know it's a PITA writing stuff like this but maybe, just maybe, if enough people complain something will be done about it.

Can i have the same email address you sent this to please?

It didn't go to an email address as such. If you go to the BBC website (google BBC complaints is as good a way to it as any other) you'll find some boxes to fill in. It's just a bit of inputting.

Starting to take the piss now more people should complain about those cunts because little penis gets treated like he is the messiah while our players no matter what get slated. The think we lack here is competition there should be a rival company to "Match of the day" they would then fix up.

Blue Haze said:
The Guardian have picked up on it. Apologies if this has been posted.

Maybe it's time to take Balotelli seriously

They had a great laugh on the Match of the Day sofa. Alan Hansen wouldn't include Mario Balotelli in his side "when it comes to the crunch" (which side is this and when are their crunch games?) while Alan Shearer "guarantees" the Italian will get sent off further down the line.

Balotelli may partly have himself to blame for being treated like a pantomime character but there comes a point when his on-field actions are what he must be judged on. After all, Wayne Rooney is likely to get himself sent off again at some point in the future but for some reason that's not funny.

The Italian opened the scoring against Aston Villa with a fine improvised overhead kick to score his fourth goal in as many games. On top of that Balotelli generally made a nuisance of himself throughout at the Etihad, twice drawing saves from Shay Given with curling efforts from the inside-left channel.

But because he put his finger to his lips in front of Villa fans who were jeering him for losing his footing and returned to celebrate his goal in the vicinity of the away section he is seen as something of a liability. A former Chelsea manager used to do that kind of thing but was often remarked to "be a breath of fresh air".

What would genuinely be a breath of fresh air would be if Balotelli's increasingly assured displays become the focal point rather than his portrayal as some sort of El Hadji Diouf meets Krusty the Clown figure. EF
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/oct/17/five-things-learned-premier-league" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ier-league</a>

Fantastic.

Not trawling through 17 pages ;-)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/manchester-city-aston-villa-believe-the-hype-not-the-bbc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-s ... t-the-bbc/</a>

Warren Barton said during the half that he liked Balo, and would put him on his team because he had "attitude". They especially liked his reaction to the away stands.

We are winning the press. MOTD will come around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.