WW2 movies

2 worth a mention and both based on real life experience. The Railway man and unbroken, both of a similar story but both worth watching.

2 worth a mention and both based on real life experience. The Railway man and unbroken, both of a similar story but both worth watching.

The railway man is very good.

There is a japanese film trilogy from the 60s I watched once called the human condition, was 9hrs all in but didn't shirk from the brutality of the japanese imperial machine and from a japanese perspective.

Black Book
Set in WW2 Holland
stars the Red Woman (for fans of Game Of Thrones)

Carice Van Outen, yes it's a very good film..

Just watching The Dam Busters. I was telling 20 yo daughter that there was an attempt to re-make it recently ( would have been a mistake ) but it kind of fell through. I was trying to explain the difficulties, not least the issues surrounding the lack of many flying Lancasters these days, and her response was " well they'd have to re-name the dog" - kids eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.