WW2 movies

The railway man is very good.

There is a japanese film trilogy from the 60s I watched once called the human condition, was 9hrs all in but didn't shirk from the brutality of the japanese imperial machine and from a japanese perspective.

Carice Van Outen, yes it's a very good film..
She is a very attractive and sexy woman especially in the chest region.

The Longest Day . I saw this in 1962 at the Gaumont in Town when I was 12 .It was the first time I'd seen a film based on real life events .It showed on an amazing wide panoramic screen. The enormity of the event and storytelling in the movie made a huge impression on me because my Uncle and many friends dad's had been there in 1944. I read books about D Day avidly and 8 years ago went to Normandy to tour the battlefield. As Eisenhower told the troop "You are about to embark on a Great Crusade". It taught me how impressionable young minds are to what they see or read.

All the great mainstream/epic films already mentioned on this thread, but I have enjoyed some of the more low key gritty dramas too, such as Too late the hero,(Michael Caine), The long and the short and the tall,The hill, Ice cold in alex,all great films if maybe a little dated now.

cant remember the title its all about an american bomber crew superb where would have been without them.Speaking german i suppose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.