Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5; coming late 2020

Which would you recommend, have a 3 year old, seven year old and i’ll want to play many different games. Any other tips for PS5 ownership?
I have a 7 year old and a 12 year old, the younger is more interested in gaming and the ps plus subscription is great for her indecisive little mind.

There's a fair few Lego games on there, Peppa Pig (which she claimed she was too old for but loved) and a few buggy racing games too. Beauty of it is that she can pick one up, and when she gets bored and wants another game to try, it's right there for her already. Depending on the game you can either download it to your console or stream it, or both. Normally for the newer games it is both.

There is a full list of games available on the service here, just be aware that some are only available on the higher tiers of membership

There is a black friday subscription offer on now for new subscribers, best bet is to buy ps wallet credit from somewhere like cd keys or shopto, as you get aroun 10-15% off, then purchase the subscription through the ps5.

If you wanted to upgrade the storage on the ps5 then it's very easy just a screwdriver required essential, and something blunt to help open the case. Some very good deals on nvme drives right now too, just have to make sure you get one compatible with the ps5.

You can also create a kids profile for them too which restricts what they can play and see.

Also a good tip is to join ps stars if you can, it's a free playstation loyalty scheme where you earn points for playing games, getting trophies and buying stuff from the playstation store. At the highest tier, level 4 currently, you can buy £20 playstation credit for every 5000 points you get, and you earn points by doing simple things like starting up one of the new ps plus games for tat month. You sign up via the ps app and I think, from memory, buying your ps subscription via the ps store does also count.

PS5 still so expensive here. I miss the days when games consoles would be half the launch price within a year.

PS5 still so expensive here. I miss the days when games consoles would be half the launch price within a year.

I think the cost of hardware just isn’t falling that quickly. Sony and Microsoft always lose money on hardware and usually drop prices when it gets to close to making money on it.

Nintendo is the only company that makes money on hardware.

I bought a cheap PS4 from Game to amuse me when I was recovering from surgery last year. All I have is FIFA and whatever the new equivalent is called.

I was always in to most kinds of games so what am I missing out on? I’d owned no console since PS One. Used to play Tekken, Metal Slug and Grand Theft Auto.

PS+ is currently on black friday discount on the store till Monday 27th.

On a different note, playstation website says check back on 22/11 for more Portal stock, does anyone know is it usually a 9am job? I didn't think it would be that popular so didn't bother pre ordering

PS+ is currently on black friday discount on the store till Monday 27th.

On a different note, playstation website says check back on 22/11 for more Portal stock, does anyone know is it usually a 9am job? I didn't think it would be that popular so didn't bother pre ordering
What does portal stock mean? New deals for PS5?
I bought my PS5 with FC24 for just under £350, so if a better offer appeared I’d consider returning and purchasing as not yet opened as knew Black Friday was coming.

I bought my PS5 with FC24 for just under £350, so if a better offer appeared I’d consider returning and purchasing as not yet opened as knew Black Friday was coming.
I mean stock of the Playstation Portal, its a handheld accessory you can use with PS5. It went on sale last wednesday but didnt think demand would be as much as it was and now its sold out.

You won't get a better deal than that on a New machine.

Black Friday deal available until 27th November is £83.99 for new sign-ups for (premium) the top tier of playstation plus for a year.

Which would you recommend, have a 3 year old, seven year old and i’ll want to play many different games. Any other tips for PS5 ownership?
I forked out for the premium for my lad last year, not really worth it unless you want to play older ps1, ps2 or ps3 games.
The basic one only gives you online gaming and 3/4 free games a month.
The middle one, extra I think its called, gives you a library of ps4 games to play. Thats the one Im going for this year, and probably would reccomend. But google the games library list before deciding to see if the games included are any good for your kids. But at a hundered odd quid, you might be better off just buying the games on disk, then selling them on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.