Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5; coming late 2020

Think VR took over that kind of thing.
Sorry I’m knew to all this

Is that what the VR package is and the aim controller is the gun?

When I had my PS2 I used to have Time Crisis with the guns
Is there similar games and guns for PS5?

In a very nerdy way to describing this, Plasma/LED Tv's killed that sort of game on TV's. there maybe ones out there im not aware about but the technology behind those guns were very much linked to old CRT tv's. CRT tv's draw the image you see on screen in a very set way ( top left->top right then down to the next line of pixels and do the same thing). the Guns used to track what pixel was being drawn based on that drawing system to be fast and accurate.

Sorry I’m knew to all this

Is that what the VR package is and the aim controller is the gun?

This will work with the PS5 but the original PSVR was originally made for PS4 and the controllers and VR systems don't work with games for it's successor/predecessor.

In a very nerdy way to describing this, Plasma/LED Tv's killed that sort of game on TV's. there maybe ones out there im not aware about but the technology behind those guns were very much linked to old CRT tv's. CRT tv's draw the image you see on screen in a very set way ( top left->top right then down to the next line of pixels and do the same thing). the Guns used to track what pixel was being drawn based on that drawing system to be fast and accurate.
So these types of games no longer work on LCD?
So we’ve effectively gone backwards from those days of duck hunt

Correct.

Sinden light gun is the solution, but is for PC not consoles.

So these types of games no longer work on LCD?
So we’ve effectively gone backwards from those days of duck hunt

There's a few solutions that will but they don't use the same tech as traditional light guns and rely on camera tracking.

Wii, PS3 with PS Move controllers and camera, and Sinden lightgun on PC are your options mate.

You can hack both the PS3 and Wii and get the lightgun games free online or download directly on PS3. Or just use a PC and Sinden lightguns.

You won't have much chance getting a Sinden before Christmas now though.

I have all three, happy to answer any questions if I can.

There's a few solutions that will but they don't use the same tech as traditional light guns and rely on camera tracking.

Wii, PS3 with PS Move controllers and camera, and Sinden lightgun on PC are your options mate.

You can hack both the PS3 and Wii and get the lightgun games free online or download directly on PS3. Or just use a PC and Sinden lightguns.

You won't have much chance getting a Sinden before Christmas now though.

I have all three, happy to answer any questions if I can.

do these new guns need some sort of attatchment for the TV? similar to the Wii with the Infared bar?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.