Xherdan Shaqiri

Another inconsistent,occasionally brilliant winger that wouldn't be guaranteed a place.We have one of those in Navas.
We need the tier above.

sam-caddick said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Young, fast, skilful winger. Gone to Inter on loan with future transfer fee of €15m.

Feels like we might have lost out.

I disagree, I think to get the best out of him you need to make him feel important and make him one of if not your key player, we cannot do that.
Not true, he has good scoring records for Bayern and for the Swiss team despite not playing regularly and being a winger, for what it's worth has looked great whenever I've watched him. He was one of the most highly rated youngsters in the world when at Basel.

For 12m euro this is by far the best bit of business we are likely to see this window and possibly the entire of 2015.

A player that carried his national team and a player that is young, hungry and talented and Inter have somehow managed to loan him with purchase in the summer. Excellent business by Inter. They are quietly building a fantastic side. If they get third place somehow they will go on to something special next season and possibly win the league.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
sam-caddick said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Young, fast, skilful winger. Gone to Inter on loan with future transfer fee of €15m.

Feels like we might have lost out.

I disagree, I think to get the best out of him you need to make him feel important and make him one of if not your key player, we cannot do that.
Not true, he has good scoring records for Bayern and for the Swiss team despite not playing regularly and being a winger, for what it's worth has looked great whenever I've watched him. He was one of the most highly rated youngsters in the world when at Basel.

i am pretty sure (but not 100%) that his best for switzerland came playing as a trequartista behind the no. 9

NipHolmes said:
For 12m euro this is by far the best bit of business we are likely to see this window and possibly the entire of 2015.

A player that carried his national team and a player that is young, hungry and talented and Inter have somehow managed to loan him with purchase in the summer. Excellent business by Inter. They are quietly building a fantastic side. If they get third place somehow they will go on to something special next season and possibly win the league.

mancini is brilliant at squad building. as long as the owner supports him financially, he should have inter into the top 3 in a couple of years

Not strong enough dribbling skills to really compete on the wing in the Bundesliga - only was good there when the opponent was tired when he got subbed (during the Heynckes time) or against weak opponents.

With Guardiola's system he just lacks the playing intelligence. He passes when he should not, does not pass when there is great occasions, positions wrong, so it is a lot easier for the opponent and more difficult for his mates - just simply seems to have another game plan than everybody else on the pitch. He got less and less match time with Guardiola over the recent months.

Bayern is told to have sold him for 18 million EUR (in summer as Inter does not have the money to buy now - loan until then) - Liverpool has offered more than 20 million EUR but Shaq favoured Inter.

Very talented player, but understandably could not break into the Bayern team. Has a wonderful left foot. I am glad he is not going to Liverpool, because I rate him. He may not be world class, but still very young, very experienced and would be a great signing for most clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.