Xherdan Shaqiri

Matt the Giant said:
ForzaMancini said:
Matt the Giant said:
And for that reason I think we might have to sacrifice our trophy ambitions for the domestic cups. We need to use them to play our "reserves" and youngsters.

Not exactly helped Arsenal has it?

They have reached a CL position every year for how long? 16 or 17 years I believe.

And underachieved massively in the last 10 years.

Matt the Giant said:
ForzaMancini said:
Matt the Giant said:
And for that reason I think we might have to sacrifice our trophy ambitions for the domestic cups. We need to use them to play our "reserves" and youngsters.

Not exactly helped Arsenal has it?

They have reached a CL position every year for how long? 16 or 17 years I believe.

thats the difference between us and arsenal. they are satisfied with 4th, we are not. we have a winning mentality, they do not. if we finnished as low as 4th, i dare say we would have a new manager. if the kids are good enough they will play for the 1st team.

look at lopes, he played a handful of game and he was still 17, and correct me if im wrong, but im sure messi wasnt a regular starter at barcelona until he was about 19. and hes the greatest player of our genereation. the best clubs dont sacrifice any competion to blood a whole heap of youngsters. arsenal havent exactly made a whole heap of big sales from there kids to.

In the news a bit at the moment with clubs targeting him, worth a cheeky a bid if possible?

I know lots of people are happy with the squad but I see the one glaring hole being a pacy left winger that can cross & score - Shaqiri fits the bill, and probably wouldn't cost a fortune either. Plus he's quite young.

Problem is I don't know if he'd be happy coming as he wouldn't be an automatic first choice here (rumours that he's getting bugged by it a Bayern) and if we can fit him in with the squad regulations.

He'd be our best winger with not having guys like Robben & Ribery above him in the pecking order and we could sell it as his addition/signing would make us a genuine CL force (if we can fit him in).

No thanks. Not good enough for the first eleven, and that's what we should be looking to improve. Save the dosh for Marco Reus.

Kladze said:
No thanks. Not good enough for the first eleven, and that's what we should be looking to improve. Save the dosh for Marco Reus.

This. We don't need a squad player now. We need someone who can improve the 1st 11, and among possibly available wingers only Reus and Di Maria (now moved) are good enough (maybe sterling in a couple of years).

Daz_Blue said:
SebastianBlue said:
El Mago said:
Does he have the potential to be better than Silva or Nasri ?

Or Navas?

Much of the forum seems to not believe in Jesus.

Well they are heretics .....do we still burn at the stake ?

No, we Spaniards prefer a more methodical approach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.