Yaya-Keep or Sell?

I don't think you've said anything disrespectful. The only parts that I disagree with are that he should have left after the cake business or that you want to see him kept but pushed out of the squad.

I think it would have been too early for him to leave then and it would be a waste of money keeping him as an unused squad member.
There were plenty on here who hoped we would get rid that summer, there was a thread in the main forum hundreds of pages long and I reckon the vast majority wanted him gone. With hindsight we definitely should have done. We would have got a very large fee at that point I would imagine and let's be honest, by his standards he has been fucking cack since that summer.

I don't think you've said anything disrespectful. The only parts that I disagree with are that he should have left after the cake business or that you want to see him kept but pushed out of the squad.

I think it would have been too early for him to leave then and it would be a waste of money keeping him as an unused squad member.

The truth is nobody since he turned 30+ would have met his and his agents valuations...city had to stomach the hissy fits of this truth.

But i can see your point of view, for this reason alone.

If we were unlucky enogh to keep him for another season. Dont forget his damn birthday cake this time.

Just read that Gabriel Jesus has agreed to join Inter.....if the below comment is true, it sounds like they no longer interested in Yaya..

City Watch ‏@City_Watch Jul 1
Inter have frozen their attempt to sign Yaya Toure until further notice, with Gabriel Jesus preferred for the non-EU spot. [Tuttosport]

MCFC Info ‏@MCFClnfo 12m12 minutes ago
City target Gabriel Jesus has agreed to join Serie A side Inter Milan in January. [Calciomercato]

Hart
Clichy
Kolorov
Sagna
Navas
Silva
Kompany
Nasri
Nolito *

And you still forgot Fernandinho, who is 31. And Fernando will be 29 by the end of this month. This is is why i'm in favor of selling Zabba, even though many would still want him to stay. As well as Yaya, Kolarov, Nasri etc.
We still need experience, but we should definitely be gradually replacing some older players. To avoid Chelsea's fate of completely collapsing one season.

And you still forgot Fernandinho, who is 31. And Fernando will be 29 by the end of this month. This is is why i'm in favor of selling Zabba, even though many would still want him to stay. As well as Yaya, Kolarov, Nasri etc.
We still need experience, but we should definitely be gradually replacing some older players. To avoid Chelsea's fate of completely collapsing one season.
The reason they completely collapsed, is because they had that tosser in charge...

Just read that Gabriel Jesus has agreed to join Inter.....if the below comment is true, it sounds like they no longer interested in Yaya..

City Watch ‏@City_Watch Jul 1
Inter have frozen their attempt to sign Yaya Toure until further notice, with Gabriel Jesus preferred for the non-EU spot. [Tuttosport]

MCFC Info ‏@MCFClnfo 12m12 minutes ago
City target Gabriel Jesus has agreed to join Serie A side Inter Milan in January. [Calciomercato]
Maybe, Maybe not.. If he won't join before January they'll have a time to offload a non-EU player either this summer and/or January. Let's hope that is the case!

Keep. Nothing against Yaya personally. Despite the contrasting views of others on here, he is still, in my view, one of the two finest midfield players ever to wear the blue shirt in all my time watching City, and as such, I shall never forget his enormous contribution to all our relatively recent successes. Could still prove a decent squad player, as the season unfolds too, if he's prepared to to accept that his ageing legs now prevent him from being an automatic starter every week.

However, I do have a strong objection to giving his agent a penny more than we're legally obliged to, under the terms of Yaya's current contract.

Seluk will absolutely coin it in, at our expense once again, if we allow Yaya to simply walk away, on a free or otherwise, without even asking for a transfer.

Last edited:
Nothing suggests he is willing to accept being a squad player and how long do we give it before the mirror or the sun starting running stories from their "inside source" aka Seluk as Yaya starts moping about.

Get rid, I understand the finances and Txiki is playing chess to get us some kind of a fee but honestly I would rather we bin him off ASAP.

Not interested in what he has done in the past, how long do you stay sentimental for. He is simply not the player he once was and I would be very surprised if he is in Pep's plans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.