Yaya 'lightening' Toure

Irish_Owen said:
Andouble said:
If we lose tomorrow I'll be more gutted over the flood of cockneys that will crash the board rather than the points dropped.
I'm not here to troll btw, was just seeing your perspective on how you thought the game will swing. And i've said nothing to indicate i am

Welcome, my perspective is that we'll probably get stuffed, as your type of football will breeze through ours. The midfield battle will be absolutely key, I'd be happy to walk away with a draw, in fact, I'd be delighted with a point away to you guys. I'd prefer to play Chelsea every week than Arsenal every week.

Damocles said:
Welcome, my perspective is that we'll probably get stuffed, as your type of football will breeze through ours. The midfield battle will be absolutely key, I'd be happy to walk away with a draw, in fact, I'd be delighted with a point away to you guys. I'd prefer to play Chelsea every week than Arsenal every week.
i honestly think we'll win the game, but thats implying that we'll show up, which we tend not to when it counts.. But i agree, the midfield is the key, for sure, but think that carlos tevez is of massive importance to the outcome of this game. If he turns up, i'm not sure i'd fancy koscielny to keep him quiet

Damocles said:
Irish_Owen said:
I'm not here to troll btw, was just seeing your perspective on how you thought the game will swing. And i've said nothing to indicate i am

But who is better DC, Yaya or Essien? Please be aware, your opinion is pretty highly regarded by me.

Irish_Owen said:
Hernandez was clocked as the quickest player at the world cup..
Ashely cole was mili seconds off henry's record at arsenal, which Theo and Gael have trumped btw. So maybe exchange Cole for Gael
and i've seen sagna out sprint SWP, can't really incude him .. :/
I agree that Yaya isn't the quickest in the PL, but those World Cup speed times are bollocks. It's measured by the lasers on the cameras and how fast the cameraman turns it. I think Emile Heskey or some other absurdly slow guy made the top 10 also.

NewbBlue said:
Irish_Owen said:
Hernandez was clocked as the quickest player at the world cup..
Ashely cole was mili seconds off henry's record at arsenal, which Theo and Gael have trumped btw. So maybe exchange Cole for Gael
and i've seen sagna out sprint SWP, can't really incude him .. :/
I agree that Yaya isn't the quickest in the PL, but those World Cup speed times are bollocks. It's measured by the lasers on the cameras and how fast the cameraman turns it. I think Emile Heskey or some other absurdly slow guy made the top 10 also.
i know, but its really one of the few ways you can back up an argument when i comes to a players pace, without real footage to prove it

gaudinho's stolen car said:
Damocles said:

But who is better DC, Yaya or Essien? Please be aware, your opinion is pretty highly regarded by me.

Depends in which aspect because they both currently play different games. Yaya is in better form, is a little younger, and has more about him going forward. To be honest, he was great for Barca and Monaco too; I feel that there is probably an English bias kicking in here, and Essien has the benefits of being seen in the Prem for a while so is automatically rated higher.

That said, Essien has been class in the past and has nearly everything about his game.

At the moment, I'm going for Yaya because of his form, but as an overall player, it has to be Essien for me.

Damocles said:
Irish_Owen said:

for the past 2-3 seasons we've played Arsenal well just about every time we've played them.

I,m not sure about sprinting but he certainly needs to improve his stamina.

Essien has been poor for a long time now. Longer than Chelsea's decline. Yet still lives off his name. At this point in time he isn't world class, whatever people may say. I fear injuries have taken their toll on his game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.