Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the Hull game again.
Toure made 85 passes. Most were successful. 35 Were passed towards his own goal. None of the 85 were into the opposing area.
Yaya made 5 challenges . 3 were fouls 1 was missed and 1 successful.
3 defensive headers all unchallenged.
2 shots 1 a goal from the spot.

Those are the facts. My opinion is that away at Liverpool you need 2 central midfielders to track runners and make challenges on the edge of the box. Toure just cannot do this. The 2 ferns need to play.
Save Toure for possession games I.E Burnley.

You reman clueless it seems..... The beauty of yaya, and let this sink in, is that a lot like the great midfield players, he wins the battle before a ball is kicked. The guy is probably the best all round midfielder the prem has seen, if you believe that doesn't play in to the minds of opposing players then you will continue to reinforce the point of those who watch games, yet fail to actually see...

Those stats are 'facts' for those who can't form opinion on there own... FACT

You reman clueless it seems..... The beauty of yaya, and let this sink in, is that a lot like the great midfield players, he wins the battle before a ball is kicked. The guy is probably the best all round midfielder the prem has seen, if you believe that doesn't play in to the minds of opposing players then you will continue to reinforce the point of those who watch games, yet fail to actually see...

Another aggressive post. Why cannot you participate in reasoned conversation.
Because he (Toure) does not get involved in tackles or aerial duels he is always available and in space when opposition attacks break. Same at defensive corners or free kicks, does not get involved but looks for space to recieve the ball.
He does not follow runners in a defensive capacity for the same reason so he can be in space to receive the ball on breakdown.

My point was that against Liverpool who use a lot of aggressive forward runners Toure in a two man midfield is often left exposed at anfield.
Of course ball watchers do not see or understand this.
My opions are just as valuable as yours. Although how anyone does not rate David Silva is beyond the limit of my football knowledge.

Ether!

Another aggressive post. Why cannot you participate in reasoned conversation.
Because he (Toure) does not get involved in tackles or aerial duels he is always available and in space when opposition attacks break. Same at defensive corners or free kicks, does not get involved but looks for space to recieve the ball.
He does not follow runners in a defensive capacity for the same reason so he can be in space to receive the ball on breakdown.

My point was that against Liverpool who use a lot of aggressive forward runners Toure in a two man midfield is often left exposed at anfield.
Of course ball watchers do not see or understand this.
My opions are just as valuable as yours. Although how anyone does not rate David Silva is beyond the limit of my football knowledge.

So is following a narrative...

Don't dig where you find surprises, it makes your debating skills defunct

Firstly this is the Internet, repeat, the Internet, I can't jump out of your brand spanking new iPad you recieved for Xmas, relax.... It's how stutters develop

Secondly, point (i) picking a post to meet your agenda is amateur hour, David silva is one of our greatest ever players, it's my contention that he is on the decline, anyway, off topic sphincter boy....

(ii) you used a case for your argument from his performance against 'Hull', in actual fact you found the answer by default, not through your obtained Claude Makele honorary degree. He shouldn't start v Liverpool, the actual case in point though, which is lost, Is that the man isn't going to start putting stats up like Kareem Abdul Jabber because of the caution afforded him by the opposition....

You're the same type of person who can't appreciate an orchestra, sure you like a Violin or two, all the while ignoring luchiano berio...

All good though, keep up the good work!!

So is following a narrative...

Don't dig where you find surprises, it makes your debating skills defunct

Firstly this is the Internet, repeat, the Internet, I can't jump out of your brand spanking new iPad you recieved for Xmas, relax.... It's how stutters develop

Secondly, point (i) picking a post to meet your agenda is amateur hour, David silva is one of our greatest ever players, it's my contention that he is on the decline, anyway, off topic sphincter boy....

(ii) you used a case for your argument from his performance against 'Hull', in actual fact you found the answer by default, not through your obtained Claude Makele honorary degree. He shouldn't start v Liverpool, the actual case in point though, which is lost, Is that the man isn't going to start putting stats up like Kareem Abdul Jabber because of the caution afforded him by the opposition....

You're the same type of person who can't appreciate an orchestra, sure you like a Violin or two, all the while ignoring luchiano berio...

All good though, keep up the good work!!

My first instincts were to ignore your initial ramblings.
I gave you the benefit of doubt as I strive to see the positives in even the most rambling minds.
Should have committed to those instincts

I gave you the benefit of doubt as I strive to see the positives in even the most rambling minds.

No, you're right.... It's an easier way to plod along when dismantled....

And for the record, ramblings you're unable to comprehend

Now go before those angry monsters jump out of the iPad!!

He's a c**t pay him no mind. I thought you made some valid points.

Dimitri Seluk: "His (Jose Mourinho) eyes have dulled with time. Pogba is good, but the best midfielder in the world is Yaya.”

He has started the hard sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.