Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How strict are they on PED testing over there? I'm only guessing here but I'm assuming it's like the American sports were in the late 80's into the 00's. Everybody knew what was going on but nobody cared because it's good for business. Am I out of line here? I don't see how I would be. There's not a doubt in my mind that the majority of that Leicster team was jacked up on the best shit. Players are fighting for 10-100 million contracts and NOBODY is getting caught cheating?

Personally I could care very little but if anybody is on that Kante/Mahrez/Vardy/ plan it's Yaya right now. Only reason I brought it up is because people are already talking of extended him after 5 games started.

Anyway. Feel free to correct me or add anything.

How strict are they on PED testing over there? I'm only guessing here but I'm assuming it's like the American sports were in the late 80's into the 00's. Everybody knew what was going on but nobody cared because it's good for business. Am I out of line here? I don't see how I would be. There's not a doubt in my mind that the majority of that Leicster team was jacked up on the best shit. Players are fighting for 10-100 million contracts and NOBODY is getting caught cheating?

Personally I could care very little but if anybody is on that Kante/Mahrez/Vardy/ plan it's Yaya right now. Only reason I brought it up is because people are already talking of extended him after 5 games started.

Anyway. Feel free to correct me or add anything.

One the reasons for me anyway is Yaya is getting fit because he is after a lucrative deal in the summer, its benefitting us now and for the rest of the season

One the reasons for me anyway is Yaya is getting fit because he is after a lucrative deal in the summer, its benefitting us now and for the rest of the season

I agree. It's one of a few reasons why I suspected he'd turn out well for us this year. I didn't think it would take this long for him to get a chance but it's working out brilliantly. I'm really curious to see how long this form lasts but if he doesn't taper off towards the end too much I think you almost have to offer him a one, maybe two year deal.

Just checked, and it was against Liverpool at the Yankee Stadium apparently. Here's some rubbish footage of it:

Not sure Yaya or the club wanted to win that shootout as it would have meant playing an extra game in the friendly tournament. It would have meant cramming in a game during a summer when we seemed to be playing games all over the place.

Apologies if discussed........anyone know how many Cup penalties Yaya has taken for City?
I can think of 2 League Cup efforts against Sheff Wed and Crystal Palace at home, plus the winner in the shoot out at Wembley.
Anyone remember any more he may have scored in FA or League Cup matches?

Last edited:
Just watched the Hull game again.
Toure made 85 passes. Most were successful. 35 Were passed towards his own goal. None of the 85 were into the opposing area.
Yaya made 5 challenges . 3 were fouls 1 was missed and 1 successful.
3 defensive headers all unchallenged.
2 shots 1 a goal from the spot.

Those are the facts. My opinion is that away at Liverpool you need 2 central midfielders to track runners and make challenges on the edge of the box. Toure just cannot do this. The 2 ferns need to play.
Save Toure for possession games I.E Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.