Yaya Toure apologises for accusing Guardiola of ‘having problems with Africans’

We all seem to agree that he was great player, some memorable moments that led us to glory but unfortunately wasn't the easiest player to please and caused us a lot of trouble off it. IMO he doesn't deserve a statue but I'm grateful for what he did on the pitch. It's time we moved on from him.

I remember all those things fondly as well. I also remember him being a liability in many games in his last 18 months because his legs had gone. Then I remember him being a bit of a bellend towards the club and manager and saying things that didn't reflect well on him at all.
So on balance I'm going say, yes, brilliant for us for an important time in our evolution but overall not to be mentioned in the same breath as Silva, Kompany, Fernandinho and Aguero. Personally I'd have Zabba above him when it comes to players who mean more to me but accept that's wildly subjective.
Now you're talking.

A player who came for the doh and payed us back with more than enough game changing/ winning moments, flawed personality managed and guided by his utter **** of an agent. But all this has been said before, seem like a needless thread bump but there you go I got sucked in?

The blokes a **** but because he’s undoubtedly a great player you think accusing our manager of being racist should be brushed under the carpet? Bizarre
I didn’t say brush it under the carpet, I said he’s made a mistake and apologised and in my opinion he was more important than anyone else in our recent history. Not really a difficult concept.

Why’ve you bumped the thread for the first time in 9 months just to share that with us?
Because it’s a messageboard that’s how they work (not really arsed how long ago this was ‘current’) not did I realise. Does the time lapse make it less relevant anyway?

I didn’t say brush it under the carpet, I said he’s made a mistake and apologised and in my opinion he was more important than anyone else in our recent history. Not really a difficult concept.

It was the straw that broke the camel's back. Yaya and his agent, by all accounts, held the club to ransom and were terrible to do with. The difference between the likes of Silva and Kompany to Yaya wasn't importance or talent, it was behaviour.

Because it’s a messageboard that’s how they work (not really arsed how long ago this was ‘current’) not did I realise. Does the time lapse make it less relevant anyway?
Yes it’s not remotely relevant now and you’ve obviously gone searching for a thread to wring your hands about. It’s a thread that didn’t need bumping for the sole intention of you proving what a massive blue you are and the forum retreading well worn arguments.

Toure was a brilliant player, doesn’t make him any less of a twat as a person.

Last edited:
Love him unconditionally. Stood up to United and said "Nah, not anymore".

Other people don't have to, but I'll love him for the rest of us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.