Yaya Toure apologises for accusing Guardiola of ‘having problems with Africans’

There isn't a point to prove though mate, he's a moaning arse. If a statue was built for him (Considering he's a Muslim and may not even want one built) if he did he's want it bigger than anyone elses.

You can't separate the arse from the player, was he a great player? Yes but what a complete tool.

Not exactly Colin bloody Bell is he :)
The bold bit is all you needed to say

I remember Yaya running up the pitch, ball glued to his feet and opposition players bouncing off him. They couldn't get near him.
I remember Yaya and his thunderous free kicks.
The crowd knew where he was going to put the ball, so did the defence and the oppo keeper. No one could stop it though!
I remember Yaya putting in lung busting runs, getting a shot away and having to lie on his back, beads of sweat on his face, for a minute or so to recover.
I remember Yaya winning some matches on his own with such runs.
I remember Yaya winning the F.A. cup semi against the rags which I felt was the match where the balance of power shifted from Trafford to Manchester.
When Yayas' influence was needed on the pitch he stood tall.
I remember Yaya taking games by the scruff of the neck and dragging the team with him.
I remember Yayas' penalties.
I remember Yayas' crossfield passes and how many of those were successful. Around 95% every game.
I remember the Yaya/Kolo song, sung with passion and humour.
We owe so much to that man.
Yaya - Leader, talisman, legend.

Oh yes, forget all that and focus on cakegate.

I remember Yaya running up the pitch, ball glued to his feet and opposition players bouncing off him. They couldn't get near him.
The crowd knew where he was going to put the ball, so did the defence and the oppo keeper. No one could stop it though!
I remember Yaya putting in lung busting runs, getting a shot away and having to lie on his back, beads of sweat on his face, for a minute or so to recover.
I remember Yaya winning the F.A. cup semi against the rags which I felt was the match where the balance of power shifted from Trafford to Manchester.
I remember Yaya taking games by the scruff of the neck and dragging the team with him.
I remember Yayas' crossfield passes and how many of those were successful. Around 95% every game.

we owe nothing to yaya. He was payed handsomely for his service here.

he was a great player on his day but he also had quite often some very lazy days where he couldn’t be arsed.
He came here for the money and I feel like he had zero connection with the fans.

amazing footballer yes… but abit of a twat if I’m being honest.

and dead brothergate and racismgate and lazy cuntgate (in the last two seasons), along with agentgate the entire time (if you think he didn't know exactly what the gobshite was doing then?)

Great player for a time, not a legend.

You think so, great but others do not but don't think we don't remember all the good things on the pitch, that is never in doubt, if only he learned to keep his mouth shut off it.

Now now and the rest, calling pep a racists , accusing the club of not letting him go and see his dying brother , they did and he went abroad to do a pundit job instead , letting his agent savage the club and pep , spoilng for a fight with the club in 2014 a day after we won the title and should have been celebrating ,drink driving and more ,as a man he is a ****

Well I understand why the club won't parade him or give him a statue or anything but I'll always be hugely appreciative for what he did for the club on the pitch.

we owe nothing to yaya. He was payed handsomely for his service here.

he was a great player on his day but he also had quite often some very lazy days where he couldn’t be arsed.
He came here for the money and I feel like he had zero connection with the fans.

amazing footballer yes… but abit of a twat if I’m being honest.

A typical YaYa negotiation as captured by the club's CCTV.

Oliver.jpg

I remember all those things fondly as well. I also remember him being a liability in many games in his last 18 months because his legs had gone. Then I remember him being a bit of a bellend towards the club and manager and saying things that didn't reflect well on him at all.
So on balance I'm going say, yes, brilliant for us for an important time in our evolution but overall not to be mentioned in the same breath as Silva, Kompany, Fernandinho and Aguero. Personally I'd have Zabba above him when it comes to players who mean more to me but accept that's wildly subjective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.